Review: Losartan and Norvasc drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Losartan and Norvasc. It is created by eHealthMe based on 4,365 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Losartan (latest outcomes from 12,191 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Norvasc (latest outcomes from 80,391 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 4,365 people who reported to have interactions when taking Losartan, Norvasc are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Losartan (losartan potassium)
- Norvasc (amlodipine besylate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Losartan, Norvasc:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||843|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||768|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||362|
|Headache (pain in head)||344|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||341|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||333|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Losartan, Norvasc:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||56|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||41|
|Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)||33|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||32|
|Heart Rate Increased||17|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||16|
|Irritable Bowel Syndrome||15|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Losartan is used in:
- Norvasc is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Losartan alternatives:
- Norvasc alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
Not really constipation - more difficult defecation. Two partial movements per day is typical. Frequent pain the in the lower abdomen and kidneys.
I have such arthritis pain. Could one of my medicines make my pain worse?
Family history of stroke on Father and Uncles side. Brief thyroid problem. History-- infrequent use of anti-depressants during teens to 30's---Stelazine, Mellaril. My Fathers Mother was treated for Manic-depression after 30-82yo.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By lefty: Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- By ruth: Mother hears music and her siblings in her head /can't hear normal everyday talk
Church music ,her siblings talking to her in her head im not sure any of these are causing the noise she hears??
- By Slo: If i take garcinia cambogia will it interfere with my other meds?
I take 40 mg of Lisinopril, 20mg of Pravastatin, 5mg Amlodipine Besylate, once per day. I take 100 mg of Sertraline Hcl Tabs. (one and one half per day) I use Clobex as needed for Psoriasis on my legs. I am on oxygen 24 hours a day @3 liters. I do take nebs twice a day every 12 hours of Perf ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Milton Toal: Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
- By edo: Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use). Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- By vtway: Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Eplerenone, Doxazosin Mesylate for a patient with Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Constipation, Rectal Tenesmus
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Nexium, Allopurinol, Colcrys, Amlodipine Besylate, Spironolactone, Atenolol, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Allergies, Acid Reflux, Gout, High Blood Pressure, Fluid Intake Restriction. The patient has Allergies, Acid Reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), High Blood Pressure, Gouty Arthritis, Severe Arthritis Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ciprofloxacin, Amoxicillin, Ibuprofen, Pantoprazole, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Lovastatin, Amlodipine, Losartan, Metformin, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Prostate Infection, Pain - Muscles, Pain, Gastritis, Enlarged Prostate, Plaque Buildup - Arteries, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Heartbeat Skip. The patient has Atherosclerosis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Type 2 diabetes), Skipped Heartbeat, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Ischaemic Stroke
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.