Review: Losartan and Prilosec drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Losartan and Prilosec. It is created by eHealthMe based on 3,268 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Losartan (latest outcomes from 12,191 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Prilosec (latest outcomes from 59,172 users) has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 3,268 people who reported to have interactions when taking Losartan, Prilosec are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Losartan (losartan potassium)
- Prilosec (omeprazole)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Losartan, Prilosec:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||628|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||386|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||274|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||264|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Losartan, Prilosec:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Erythema (redness of the skin)||20|
|Hypokalaemia (low potassium)||18|
|Pruritus (severe itching of the skin)||15|
|Hypomagnesaemia (electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally low level of magnesium in the blood)||10|
|Hypocalcaemia (levels of calcium in blood serum are abnormally low)||9|
|Nephrotic Syndrome (kidney disease with proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia, and oedema)||7|
|Pain In Extremity||6|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||6|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Diabetes mellitus
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Prilosec (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Losartan is used in:
- Prilosec is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Losartan alternatives:
- Prilosec alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
Depression, moderate Hypertension not controlled yet. Joint pain... Shoulder Osteoarthritis worth necrosis and bone spurs. New shoulder with in the next 5 years.
Patient has serious dementia possibly caused by nutrient deficiencies.
my pulse is also faster than my pacemaker had kept it.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Annie: I am taking omeprazole and ranitidine for acid reflux both seem to be giving me side effects fatigue, dizziness
I took esomoprazole ( nexium ) 20 mg for acid reflux for thirteen days but felt so unwell side effects fatigue and feeling very unsteady and disoriented , not all the time but enough to make me want to stop taking it. It had however diminished my cough and sore throat caused by the reflux. My gastro ...
- By Herb: Can xarelto cause my blood pressure to elevate
I had a stroke (TIA) TWO MONTHS AGO AND MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON A BLOOD THINNER XARELTO and my blood pressure is always high now. Example 197/112
- By pegleg: Can benicar cause neurophy
burning pain in arms, hands, legs, and feet..Gets worse at night
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By edo: Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use). Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- By novzchan: Tonsillitis for 1 week
i suffered tonsillitisfor a week. and i lose my weight coz i kept on vomiting. we rushed into my doctor's clinic. he advised me to stay in the hospital for 3 days cause my tonsillitis was really severe. he prescribed me cefuroxime axetil via IV for further absorption and omeprazole via IV for my sto ...
- By Nikkiney.79: Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Zolpidem, Effexor, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Celebrex, Cymbalta, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Losartan, Furosemide for a patient with Joint Injury, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Depression, Chronic Depression, Acid Reflux, Hypertension. The patient has Osteoarthritis Generalised, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Depression
- A study of drug interactions between OMEPRAZOLE, LOSARTAN POTASSIUM, SACCHAROMYCES BOULARDII, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Carafate for a patient with GERD, Intestinal Health, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased. The patient has Dementia
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Armour Thyroid, Omeprazole, Sotalol Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Surgery, Acid Reflux, Slow Heart Beat. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.