Review: Meclizine and Diazepam
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Meclizine and Diazepam. It is created by eHealthMe based on 642 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
On Apr, 2, 2014: 642 people who reported to have interactions when taking Meclizine, Diazepam are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Meclizine (meclizine hydrochloride)
- Diazepam (diazepam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Meclizine, Diazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||499|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||487|
|Headache (pain in head)||336|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||330|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||327|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Meclizine, Diazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease)||3|
|Ms (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath)||3|
|High Blood Pressure||2|
|Acquired Afibrinogenaemia (relative lack or absence of fibrinogen in the blood, which plays an important role in the blood clotting mechanism)||2|
|High Blood Cholesterol||2|
|Drug Effect Decreased||2|
|Thyroiditis (inflammation of thyroid gland)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
If the study doesn't answer your question, you can:
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Meclizine (meclizine hydrochloride) is often used to treat dizziness. Diazepam (diazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Meclizine is used in:
- Diazepam is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Meclizine alternatives:
- Diazepam alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
The vertigo is agravated by not being able to use deconjestants. Cold air and increased pollin makes the dizzyness worse.
Experiencing severe vertigo related to Meniere's disease. Are any of the current drugs contributing to this?
The Valium/Zofran/Meclizine combination works wonders for Meniere's.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have cfs and have been treated for depression for years.will adderall replace the antidepressants ect that i'm taking now?
I have a long history of depression and anxiety disorder.I was recently diagnosed with CFS.Now that I know exactly what this disease entails,everything makes perfect sense.My physical symptoms,with the exception of increased debilitating pain over the last 2 years, I had come to accept as normal! Gl ...
- Is clomid safe to take while on seroquel, valium, achiphex, & methadone 35mg?
i am worried about taking clomid w any of this meds., especially seroquel. Though, I do not take on regular basis.
- Chronic diazepam use and retrograde memory loss
I'm distressed. I started noticing severe problems recalling memories from a long time before I started taking benzodiazepines. Before I started benzodiazepines, my memory was great. Has anyone experienced this adverse effect?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint an ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Suboxone withdrawal how dangerous to go cold turkey?
Last night I was woken unable to breath, I could not get a breath through, I was terrified, it took several seconds for me to be able to breath, but I continued to vomit for about 30 minutes, then I slept with my head high with pillows in case it happened again.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Antivert, Singulair, Primidone, Provigil, Cymbalta, Metoprolol Tartrate, Synthroid, Pradaxa, Tikosyn for a patient with Vertigo-associated Disorders, Vertigo, Allergenic Desensitisation Procedure, Tremor - Familial, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Depression, Hypotension, Hypothyroidism, Acquired Afibrinogenaemia. The patient has Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Lightheadedness - Dizzy (Dizziness), Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, Weight Increased, Allergen Nos Skin Test Negative
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Meclizine Hydrochloride - 25MG, Diazepam, Omega 3 for a patient with Insomnia, Vertigo, General Physical Condition.
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Zofran Odt, Carafate for a patient with Vertigo, Nausea, Ulcer.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tramadol, Dilantin, Valium, Depakote Cp for a 52-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Valium, Viibryd for a 32-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clonidine, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Diazepam, Tegretol, Cymbalta for a 52-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.