Drug interactions between Mucinex Dm and Tamiflu
This is a real world study of Mucinex Dm and Tamiflu drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4 reports from FDA.
You have a question, but who will answer it? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or on people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
What are the drugs
Mucinex dm has active ingredients of dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin. It is used in cough, ear congestion, nasal congestion, sinus congestion, mucosa, bronchitis.
Tamiflu has active ingredients of oseltamivir phosphate. It is used in the flu, h1n1, influenza like illness, stress symptoms.
On May, 24, 2013: 4 people who reported to have interactions when taking Mucinex Dm, Tamiflu are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin)
- Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Mucinex Dm, Tamiflu:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|8||Grand Mal Convulsion||2|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Mucinex Dm, Tamiflu:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Systemic candida
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Insulin glargine
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- get notified of updates of this study
- let eHealthMe monitor your drugs
- post a comment
- get our mobile app: never miss a symptom, compare it with patients like me in real time, and discuss it with doctors later
- still have questions? Check any related studies below
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate) is often used to treat the flu. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mucinex dm is used in:
- Tamiflu is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Mucinex dm alternatives:
- Tamiflu alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex Dm, Tamiflu for a patient with H1N1. The patient has Complication Of Acute Stroke
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu - EQ 75MG BASE, Promethazine With Codeine, Ibuprofen, Mucinex Dm - 60MG;1.2GM for a patient with H1N1. The patient has Weakness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fever, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Could Natural short sleeper cause Tinnitus?
- Could Morning sickness cause Tinnitus?
- Could Sleeping sickness cause Tinnitus?
- Top symptoms of Aids, its drugs and effectiveness
- Which Muscle disorder drug is better for me?
- Could Swelling cause Sterilization surgery - female?
- Could Foot, leg, and ankle swelling cause Sterilization surgery - female?
- Could Diuretic effect cause Sterilization surgery - female?
- Latest Lisinopril outcomes in real world
- Could High blood pressure cause Rectal bleeding?