Review: taking Multaq and Effexor together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Multaq and Effexor together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Multaq and Effexor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Multaq and Effexor >>>
On Apr, 11, 2015: 20 people who take Multaq, Effexor are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Multaq (dronedarone hydrochloride)
- Effexor (venlafaxine hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Pulmonary Oedema||Thyroxine Decreased||Atrioventricular Block Complete||Pleural Effusion||n/a||n/a||n/a||Dyspnoea|
|Cardiac Failure||Hypothyroidism||Dyspnoea||International Normalised Ratio Increased|
|Dyspnoea||Blood Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Increased||Pulmonary Hypertension||Pericardial Effusion|
|White Blood Cell Count Increased||Pericardial Effusion||Dizziness|
|International Normalised Ratio Increased||Pleural Effusion|
|Urinary Tract Infection||Thyroxine Decreased|
|Blood Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Increased|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|International Normalised Ratio Increased||Pericardial Effusion|
|Cardiac Failure||Pleural Effusion|
|Somnolence||Blood Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Increased|
|Heart Rate Increased||Hypothyroidism|
|Gait Disturbance||Thyroxine Decreased|
|Hepatic Enzyme Increased||Atrial Flutter|
|Atrioventricular Block Complete||Rash|
|Upper Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage||Dizziness|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Pain||Pulmonary Oedema||International Normalised Ratio Increased|
|Respiratory Failure||Blood Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Increased|
|Thyroid Function Test Abnormal||Thyroxine Decreased|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Multaq and Effexor on
Do you take Multaq and Effexor?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Multaq and Effexor
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Pepcid, Lunesta, Klonopin, Effexor for a 46-year old man with Headache, Gerd, Sleep Disorder, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Ferrous Fumarate, Multivitamin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Effexor Xr, Maxalt-mlt, Ibuprofen, Estrogel, Progesterone, Veramyst, Singulair, Spiriva, Aspirin, Atenolol, Ranolazine for a 53-year old woman with Vaginal Yeast Infection, Restless Leg Syndrome, General Physical Health Deterioration, Sinusitis Bacterial, Depression Postmenopausal, Migraine Without Aura, Headache, Menopause, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma Late Onset, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Non-cardiac Chest Pain. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Bacterial Rhinitis, Stress Incontinence, Tingling And Numbness, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor, Elavil, Sonata for a 23-year old woman with Major Depression, Antidepressant Therapy, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Accessory Nipples
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman with Seizure Disorder, Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Multaq (dronedarone hydrochloride) is often used to treat atrial fibrillation/flutter. Effexor (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Multaq is used in:
- Effexor is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Multaq alternatives:
- Effexor alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.