Drug interactions between Nexium and Apple Cider Vinegar
This is a real world study of Nexium and Apple Cider Vinegar drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 2 reports from FDA.
Do you have chronic disease and take multiple drugs? eHealthMe can monitor your drugs and notify you when there are serious drug reactions detected. Our original studies have been used on premier medical publications. The monitor will be personalized to your gender and age. Start now
What are the drugs
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastric ulcer, reflux gastritis, gastroesophageal reflux in infants, indigestion, hiatal hernia.
Apple cider vinegar has active ingredients of apple cider vinegar. It is used in weight loss, obesity, weight abnormal, lipids abnormal.
On May, 2, 2013: 2 people who reported to have interactions when taking Nexium, Apple Cider Vinegar are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (apple cider vinegar)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Nexium, Apple Cider Vinegar:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|9||Transient Ischaemic Attack||1|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Nexium, Apple Cider Vinegar:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Herpes zoster
- Rhinitis allergic
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- get notified of updates of this study
- let eHealthMe monitor your drugs
- post a comment
- get our mobile app: never miss a symptom, compare it with patients like me in real time, and discuss it with doctors later
- still have questions? Check any related studies below
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Apple Cider Vinegar (apple cider vinegar) is often used to treat weight loss. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nexium is used in:
- Apple cider vinegar is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Nexium alternatives:
- Apple cider vinegar alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Imodium, Elocon, Advil Extra Strength, Niacin, Maxalt, Dimethyl Sulfone And Glucosamine, Ascorbic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Betaine Hydrochloride, Loratadine, Nexium, Allopurinol, Aspirin, Actonel, Trimebutine, Apple Cider Vinegar, [therapy Unspecified], Pennsaid for a patient with Rash, Migraine. The patient has Ischaemic Stroke
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of taking Remicade, Arava, Methotrexate, Prednisone, Ranitidine, Leucovorin Calcium, Fosamax for a Female patient aged 55 who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- How effective is Remicade for Rheumatoid arthritis?
- Which Rheumatoid arthritis drug is better for me?
- Latest Mycophenolate mofetil outcomes in real world
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Fioricet, Bupropion Hcl, Celexa, Compazine, Potassium Chloride, Esomeprazole Magnesium, Morphine Sulfate, Reglan, Zofran, Elavil, Lenalidomide, Treanda, Dexamethasone
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Questran, Pantoprazole Sodium, Provera, Alendronate Sodium, Prednisone Tab, Biocal-d, Superdrol, Vitamin B-12, Estrogel, Wellbutrin, Zyprexa, Ativan, Humira
- A study of drug interactions between Biocal-d, Ativan, Pantoprazole Sodium, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Questran, Zyprexa, Estrogel, Provera, Prednisone Tab, Alendronate Sodium, Vitamin B-12, Humira, Superdrol
- A study of drug interactions between Apap Tab, Metoclopramide, Aspirin, Zelnorm, Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Lorazepam, Wellbutrin, Toprol-xl, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Lasix, Skelaxin, Calcium, Zocor, Plavix, Lopressor, Insulin, Prozac, Hydromorphone Hcl, Amitriptyline Hcl, Alprazolam, Cipro, Prilosec, Albuterol, Protonix, Lisinopril
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Klonopin, Meridia, Nexium, Naproxen, Effexor, Seroquel, Fluvoxamine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hcl, Topamax, Methocarbamol, Medrol, Zoloft, Vicodin, Risperdal, Imipramine, Depakote, Wellbutrin, Lithium Carbonate, Geodon, Albuterol
- A study of drug interactions between Lorarepam, Lotrel, Restoril, Buspar, Zoloft, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Nitroglycerin, Ativan, Amitriptyline Hcl