Review: Nexium and Aspirin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Nexium and Aspirin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 8,687 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Nexium (latest outcomes from 72,924 users) has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Aspirin (latest outcomes from 164,096 users) has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 8,687 people who reported to have interactions when taking Nexium, Aspirin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium)
- Aspirin (aspirin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Nexium, Aspirin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||2,311|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1,210|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||949|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Nexium, Aspirin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||34|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||32|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||27|
|Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (stomach contents (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the oesophagus)||18|
|Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)||15|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Aspirin (aspirin) is often used to treat blood clots. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nexium is used in:
- Aspirin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Nexium alternatives:
- Aspirin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
Difficulty refocusing when changing from near to far, and far to near objects.
developed bilateral shoulder and bicep muscle pain over six months. Also having periodic pain in feet and calf muscles. joint pain of the hands PRN.
I take Crestor every other day. When I take it I get a tightening in the middle of my chest which is painful. I'm wondering if the pain is coming from the Crestor or the combination of taking aspirin in the evening also. I stopped taking the aspirin for a week in the evening, however the pain still comes. The pain is like a weight has put in that area.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Curious: When is the best time of day to take a baby aspirin for a male or female over 65?
I have read that the best time of day to take a Baby Aspirin to prevent a heart attack or stroke is at night. However, not all the studies agree that the time of day matters. According to your own physician, what time of day is considered the best to receive the optimum benefits?
- By lefty: Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- By Wayne: I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By Boo Radly: Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- By snoozy: Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Folic Acid, Aspirin, Nexium, Probiotics, Synthroid, Crestor, Allopurinol, Micardis, Cialis for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Cardiovascular Disorder, Hypertension, Gerd, Sleep Issues, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Total Cholesterol, Gout, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Sleeping Difficulty (Insomnia), Frequent Headaches (Headache), Blue Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Prilosec, Centrum Silver, Baby Aspirin, Fenofibrate, Tricor for a patient with GERD, Jet Lag, Hyperlipidemia. The patient has Pain, Pain - Shoulder (Shoulder pain), Pain In Limb
- A study of drug interactions between Cipro, Aspirin, Metformin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cozaar, Nexium, Crestor for a patient with UTI - Acute, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Gerd, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Chest Pressure Sensation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.