Review: Norvasc and Lopressor drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Norvasc and Lopressor. It is created by eHealthMe based on 6,204 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Norvasc (latest outcomes from 80,391 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Lopressor (latest outcomes from 18,496 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 6,204 people who reported to have interactions when taking Norvasc, Lopressor are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Norvasc (amlodipine besylate)
- Lopressor (metoprolol tartrate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Norvasc, Lopressor:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,209|
|Renal Failure (kidney dysfunction)||1,065|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||593|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||579|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||572|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Norvasc, Lopressor:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||52|
|Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease)||28|
|General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status)||24|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||23|
|Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced)||22|
|Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)||21|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging
- Diabetes mellitus
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Lopressor (metoprolol tartrate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Norvasc is used in:
- Lopressor is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Norvasc alternatives:
- Lopressor alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
Had cervical neck surgery on C2 thru C4 in February 2011. Left hand got numb about a year later. A local neurologist said I had carpal tunnel and I was operated on in April 2013. No improvement. Had additional neck surgery on C2-C4 in June 2013. No improvement. Could amlodipine besylate 10mg 1/day be causing the problem?
Louise on Jun, 9, 2013:
Is it dangerous to go out in the sun while playing golf in the summer while on Diovan? 64 y/o female, New Orleans.
I have swelling of feet and ankles and lower legs. no change in diet. only change in meds are that i am now taking fish oil. blood tests show no cause for swelling. could any of my meds or the fish oil cause it?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What are the effects of multiple drugs on chromagranin a levels?
I have been diagnosed with carcinoid cancer and had a very small tumor removed. My CgA levels have been, since my surgery, below 200. Recently, the number jumped to 2000. My doctor and I are trying to find out if any of the many drugs I take, in addition to my diabetes medications and insulin, can ...
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- Mother hears music and her siblings in her head /can't hear normal everyday talk
Church music ,her siblings talking to her in her head im not sure any of these are causing the noise she hears??
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Synthroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Clonidine, Wellbutrin Sr, Xanax, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Enlarged Prostate, Thyroid Nodule Removal, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Numb Left Hand With Tingling
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lansoprazole, Folic Acid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Amlodipine, Methotrexate, Fish Oil for a patient with General Symptom, Acid Reflux, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Heart Rate Abnormal, Blood Pressure Management, Cholesterol.
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Syndopa, Primidone, Furosemide, Lipitor, Meloxicam, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Amlodipine, Novolog Mix 70/30 for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Hypertension, Parkinson's Disease, Heart Disease Congenital, High Blood Cholesterol, Arthritis, Thyroid Disorder, Diabetes.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.