Review: Nuvigil and Percocet drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Nuvigil and Percocet. It is created by eHealthMe based on 97 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Nuvigil (latest outcomes from 4,351 users) has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Percocet (latest outcomes from 26,333 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 97 people who reported to have interactions when taking Nuvigil, Percocet are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Nuvigil (armodafinil)
- Percocet (acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Nuvigil, Percocet:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||23|
|Headache (pain in head)||18|
|Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw)||18|
|Pain In Jaw||16|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Nuvigil, Percocet:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Pain - Neck||2|
|Dystonia (abnormal muscle tone)||2|
|Dysphonia (speech disorder attributable to a disorder of phonation)||2|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||2|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||1|
|Headache (pain in head)||1|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1|
|Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Nuvigil (armodafinil) is often used to treat narcolepsy. Percocet (acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain relief by acupuncture. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nuvigil is used in:
- Percocet is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Nuvigil alternatives:
- Percocet alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
The only time the pain is partially releaved is lying in a prone position with heat on my posterior neck and the back of my head. The pain strats in my shoulders and neck and radiates up the back of my head.
Started taking Nuvigil at first did not help me stay awake. After starting Xyrem the Nuvigil was causing severe anxiety and dysphoria. After 6 weeks I told my doctor I could not take this medication any longer. I stopped the Nuvigil and a week later resumed my Vyvanse. I was taking Vyvanse 60mg daily since I was now on Xyrem my doctor and decided to start at 40mg since I was taking the Xyrem and getting the sleep I wasn't getting before. 40mg of Vyvanse is enough to get me through my day without and sleep attacks.
First day of Nuvigil, and immediately having hiccups after first taking it, as well as during short periods throughout the day. Wondering if this will go away?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Dedicated daughter: Relief from severe stomach pain and alimta?
Father has just completed second round of maintenance chemo called Alimta. He has already been through aggressive cocktail of Avastin, Carboplatin, and Taclitaxel initially. After that, Avastin as a maintenance chemo every 3 weeks. Radiation was also given specifically to specific spine area. After ...
- By TMJ: What drugs are effective in the treatment of tmj
I have had TMJ for about 4 years now. I am in extreme pain all the time and can find no relief. Both sides of my face will hurt. I have tried a mouth guard but it doesn't work.
- By BarbaraKay: Can curcumin c3 complex cause very dry mouth?
I have been takingall the above drugs since being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in 1998-99. The only variation is prednisone which I take only when I have a flare. Itook my first Curcumin C3 Complex capsule 3 days ago. 500mg. I decided to start with one a day for awhile. After a few hours I had the dry ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By lovemyfamily6: Libido increase with xyrem
Although it appears by my med list that I am a train wreck, its quite the contrary. Now that my migraine headaches have been controlled by Inderal & Cymbalta and my thyroid is under control, the only thing left to do was to fall asleep at the oddest times, which progressed to not being able to stand ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Fioricet, Percocet, Nuvigil, Dexilant, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Actemra, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothroid, Celebrex, Cymbalta for a patient with Headache, Pain, Fatigue, Gerd, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Overactive Bladder, Hypertension, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Headache, Pain - Neck (Neck pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Nexium, Singulair, Vyvanse, Prozac, Nuvigil, Xyrem for a patient with Chronic Pain, Electrolyte Imbalance, Acid Reflux, Multiple Allergies, Narcolepsy And Add, Anxiety, Narcolepsy, Narcolespy With Cataplexy. The patient has Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Oxycontin, Percocet for a patient with Narcolepsy, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Nuvigil
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.