Review: Opana and Xanax drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Opana and Xanax. It is created by eHealthMe based on 252 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Opana (latest outcomes from 1,971 users) has active ingredients of oxymorphone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 252 people who reported to have interactions when taking Opana, Xanax are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Opana (oxymorphone hydrochloride)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Opana, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||40|
|Toxicity To Various Agents (poisoning due to various agents)||30|
|Loss Of Consciousness||25|
|Unresponsive To Stimuli||25|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||25|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Opana, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Loss Of Consciousness||4|
|Unresponsive To Stimuli||3|
|Multiple Drug Overdose Accidental||3|
|Clostridium Difficile Colitis (inflammation of colon by clostridium difficile bacteria infection)||2|
|Urinary Tract Infection Fungal||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Drug abuse
- Back pain
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Opana (oxymorphone hydrochloride) is often used to treat acupuncture and pain. Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Opana is used in:
- Xanax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Opana alternatives:
- Xanax alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
horrible effect, mentally and physically, restless leg syndrome
Lately I have MAJOR loss of cordination, pain shooting up from my hands to my elbows.... I am falling and tripping, unable to keep my balance. I am sick to my stomach all of the time. I throw up any solid foods. I have the runs, and major suicidal behaviours, I have been writing my goodbye letters to my family, saving up my pills, as well as buying more off of the street in order to kill myself. I cry constantly and would rather pee myself than crawl out of bed... What is wrong with me? I need help. Nothing but hopelessness and pain is all I feel inside my head and throughout my body... someone help me.... My mom just gave me some Lyrica hoping that I can replace my lamictal with that and that it will help me not feel like this I am leaving this trying to get more information
Jay Smith on Jun, 29, 2010:
you are a total mess...climb the Texas Tower and let it rip without a chute?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By Lmprn0925: I take ms contin 60 mg twice daily, yet my drug screens are coming back negative. as a result, my pain management doc refuses to order me any more pain mediciation.
I have been a pain management patient at a local pain clinic for about a year now. My medication is MS Contin that is prescribed. However, my oral swab drug screens have been coming back negative for the Morphine. So, needless to say, my doctor has cut me off of pain meds. Has anyone else had thi ...
- By cristina: I want to know what causes my asthenia
since 2012 I don`t feel like going out of home, except when I am obliged to go to work. It is getting worse.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By vtway: Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- By Tonya: Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Zanaflex, Spiriva, Omeprazole, Flexeril, Uroxatral, Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Geodon, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Opana Er, Symbicort for a patient with Psychomotor Hyperactivity, Back Disorder, D And C, Acid Reflux, Overactive Bladder, Breakthrough Pain, Chronic Insomnia, Bipolar 1, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Depression, Allergies, Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Abilify
- A study of drug interactions between Opana Er, Mysoline, Flexeril, Xanax, Cymbalta, Focalin Xr, Wellbutrin for a patient with Spinal Stenosis, Tremor, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Opana Er
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Valium, Ultram, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Opana Er, Lyrica for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Pain, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Pain Management, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Suicidal Behaviour, Suicidal Behaviour
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.