Review: Plaquenil and Ibuprofen drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Plaquenil and Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on 701 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,409 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Ibuprofen (latest outcomes from 61,385 users) has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in acupuncture and pain.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 701 people who reported to have interactions when taking Plaquenil, Ibuprofen are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Ibuprofen (ibuprofen)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Plaquenil, Ibuprofen:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||153|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||148|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||102|
|Headache (pain in head)||92|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||82|
|Pain In Extremity||54|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Plaquenil, Ibuprofen:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Rhinitis Allergic (inflammation of the nasal airways due to allergy)||22|
|Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (eustachian tube problems like clearing the ears when flying, suffering infection, and recurring ear infection)||22|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||17|
|Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes)||11|
|Otitis Media Acute (rapid inflammation of the middle ear)||11|
|Tracheitis (an inflammation of the trachea)||11|
|Pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx, causing a sore throat)||11|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is often used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus. Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Plaquenil is used in:
- Ibuprofen is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Plaquenil alternatives:
- Ibuprofen alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
From this study (13 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
eosinophilia bowel problems with pain lethargic
I found out I have svt heart conditions and was wondering if any of these drugs have an effect or cause any problems with it or cause you to get svt?
Mirena put in January 2012 and removed July 2012. Started getting sick June 2012 and diagnosed with Kidney Stones, bone spurs, and Lupus since.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Joe Ryan: Can predinsone cause kidney failure
i have Pemthigud and am being treated with Prednisone 60mg daily and ibprophen for pain. I could not urinate and now have a permanent catheter, all my teeth have been pulled, my feet are swollen and I am not geting better.
- By BarbaraKay: Can curcumin c3 complex cause very dry mouth?
I have been takingall the above drugs since being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in 1998-99. The only variation is prednisone which I take only when I have a flare. Itook my first Curcumin C3 Complex capsule 3 days ago. 500mg. I decided to start with one a day for awhile. After a few hours I had the dry ...
- By susan2764 : What would cause a false positive for methadone
I am testing positive for methadone that I don't take. what will cause a false positive
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By greeneyedgal: Plaquinil use shortness of breath
Approximately 4 months after starting Plaquenil, I observed I was experiencing SOB while lifting the patient I was caring for, also had severe muscle weakness. I had been out of the country for several weeks and thought I might have picked up something while in The Dominican. I was also losing wei ...
- By Chelette: Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Orencia, Plaquenil, Arava, Vitamin B12, Parafon Forte Dsc, Xanax, Colace, Soluble Fiber, Calcium Citrate, Centrum Silver, Imitrex, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Tylenol for a patient with Arthritis, Pernicious Anemia, Anxiety, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Healthy Living, Migraine.
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Clonazepam, Elmiron, Maxalt-mlt, Lyrica, Ibuprofen, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Seroquel for a patient with Buldging Disks In Back, Anxiety Disorder, Bladder Pain, Migraine, Fever, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hyperthyroidism, Bipolar Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Lisinopril, Nexium, Tylenol, Motrin, Percocet, Plaquenil, Celebrex, Potassium Gluconate, Guaifenesin for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hypertension, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Headache, Bone Spur, Pain, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Swelling Of A Joint, Pain - Leg, Cough. The patient has Mirena
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.