Review: Pristiq and Buspar drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Pristiq and Buspar. It is created by eHealthMe based on 99 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Pristiq (latest outcomes from 14,517 users) has active ingredients of desvenlafaxine succinate. It is often used in depression.
Buspar (latest outcomes from 10,963 users) has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 99 people who reported to have interactions when taking Pristiq, Buspar are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Pristiq (desvenlafaxine succinate)
- Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Pristiq, Buspar:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||21|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||16|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||14|
|Headache (pain in head)||14|
|Wrong Technique In Drug Usage Process||9|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Pristiq, Buspar:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||3|
|Loss Of Consciousness||2|
|Major Depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings)||2|
|Headache (pain in head)||2|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Major depression
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Buspirone hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Pristiq (desvenlafaxine succinate) is often used to treat depression. Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Pristiq is used in:
- Buspar is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Pristiq alternatives:
- Buspar alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
artificial mitral and aortic valves pace maker rheumatic heart disease
diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and generalized anxiety, PTSD and major depressive disorder. Possibly am bi-polar
was put on Vicodin after car accident 1 year later I entered treatment to get off of them and was given Suboxon to relieve symptoms. I continued to have lower back pain and doctor continued to prescribe suboxon for the pain issues. I have used Suboxon for 3 years now. I now have nodules covering my lungs.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By kymberlynn: Can i ever take an anti-depressant after i have serotonin syndrome
Hi to everyone I suffer from bipolar and clinical depression and generlized anxiety and social anxiety Iwas given zoloft buspar and tranzodone while on the estadiol shot on holloween ended up in the ER where they did tests and said Ihad serotonin syndrome spent 5 days in the hospital where I was eme ...
- By k9kraze: How difficult is it to stop taking klonopin?
I am a 58 year old woman who has had panic attacks since I was 16 years old. I also suffer from major depression. I've recently heard that Klonopin (Clonazepam) can cause early dementia. I have taken this drug for 22 years and want to discontinue it. Is it difficult to stop taking this medication du ...
- By k9kraze: I have taken over 40 medications for major depression and anxiety. i have been taking 30mg adderall 2 times a day, plus a cocktail of other drugs. does anyone else take adderall for depression?
I am a 58 year old woman, who has had panic attacks since I was 16 years old. I started psychiatric treatment in 1988. I have been on more than 40 drugs for anxiety and major depression. Three years ago, a psychiatrist put me on Adderall (as a last ditch effort) and it has made all the difference in ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By mittley: Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- By AJP: Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
- By Tonya2247: I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Metoprolol Tartrate, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Pristiq, Rabeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Flecainide Acetate, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Panic Disorder, Atrial Fibrillation, Depression, Valve Heart Disease, Stomache Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrilation, Muscle Spasm.
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Latuda, Pristiq for a patient with Insomnia, Anxiety, Ptsd, Major Depression. The patient has Akathisia, Insomnia Exacerbated, Aggression Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Verapamil Hcl, Hyzaar, Pristiq, Pantoprazole Sodium, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety, Itching. The patient has Rash (Rashes)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.