Review: Ranexa and Potassium
Summary: there is no drug interactions reported by people who take Ranexa and Potassium together yet.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Ranexa and Potassium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ranexa and Potassium >>>
What are the drugs
Ranexa (latest outcomes from 1,811 users) has active ingredients of ranolazine. It is often used in angina.
Potassium (latest outcomes from 430 users) has active ingredients of potassium. It is often used in hypokalemia.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 0 people who take Ranexa, Potassium is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Ranexa (ranolazine)
- Potassium (potassium)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ranexa and Potassium?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Ranexa and Potassium
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ranexa and Potassium
- support group for people who take Potassium
- support group for people who take Ranexa
Latest outcomes in real world:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can ranexa cause chest pain?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Chest Pain, and takes Ranexa)
I always have Chest pain a couple of hours after taking Ranexa. It scared me when I first started taking this drug, thinking I was having a heart attack, but realized that wasn't so. the pain is very severe and seems to go right through to my back I will last up to a half an hour.
- I have primary hyperparathyroidism with an adenoma and an igm of 16. can you tell me if the study was ever done on this combination.
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Primary Hyperparathyroidism, Low IgM, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, ASA, Furosemide, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Synthroid, Nitroglycerin, Ranexa, Vivelle-dot, Cymbalta, Nitrostat, Crestor, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate)
Was given t-131 at age 16 and have virtually no thyroid gland. I also have systemic and coronary vasospasms that have caused heart damage, an unspecified autoimmune disease with elevated ANA, osteoporosis, normal calcium levels, parathyroid hormone of 117, an identified adenoma of the parathyroid, ...
- Can i take garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Cardiovascular Disorder, Hypothyroidism, and takes Ranexa, Fenofibrate, Pravastatin Sodium, Aspirin, Vitamin D, Amlodipine Besylate, Bystolic, Colace)
I quit smoking about 7 years ago and now with being on all the meds I have gained so much weight. Would like to take the Garcinia Cambogia but warnings on the bottle say not to if you have Cardiovascular disease. I have had Cardiac Cath done twice and only once had areas opened with a balloon but no ...
- Can you become addicted to metolazone?
(Asked by a 84 year old man who has Confusion, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Furosemide, Cortisone Acetate, Potassium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate)
He has been on the metolazone for some time and become low on sodium, potassium, and iron. They took him off of it cold turkey. Could there be side effects or possibly systems of some kind of detox?
- Could statins have caused my type ii diabetes
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes, Acid Reflux, Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attack, Angina, and takes Ranexa, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel, Vytorin, Metoprolol Succinate, Micardis, Nexium, Aspirin, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride)
Was on Zocor from 1998 after my heart attack and 1 stent to 2005 than switched to Vytorin in 2005 after 2 stents,and have been on Vytorin to present. Was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in July 2011.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- 25 pound weight gain on ranexa
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Bundle Branch Block Left, Prinzmetal's Angina, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Ranexa)
I was at a steady weight at 150 pounds until I developed Prinzmetal's Angina. I was put on 500 mg. of Ranexa twice a day and up to another 500 to 1,000 if needed. Usually the 500 twice a day works. I have always been on a low carb fish and vegetarian diet. I have slowly put on 25 extra pounds since ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Ranexa (ranolazine) is often used to treat angina. Potassium (potassium) is often used to treat hypokalemia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ranexa is used in:
- Potassium is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Ranexa alternatives:
- Potassium alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, Hdd, Artery Blockage.
Comments: I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and have started losing a lot of hair.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium, Vitamin D, Omega-3, Aspirin, Diazepam, Oxycontin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Torsemide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Abilify, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Terazosin Hydrochloride for a patient with Inflammation Localised, Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Thinner, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Hypertension, Chronic Depression, Depression, Prostatic Adenoma. The patient has Pain - Foot
Comments: Patient has COPD and Congestive Heart Failure, is a smoker and is age 67.
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Ranexa, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a patient with TIA, Low Thyroid, Angina - Stable, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Loss Of Balance
Comments: Quadruple bypass 6 years ago. Tia 3 years ago Angina returned 18 months ago Increasing loss of balance past 6 months
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Famotidine, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Gluconate, Magnesium, Biotin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Sertraline, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate for a patient with Pain, Gerd, Osteopenia, Low Blood Potassium, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Fingernail Flaking, Chronic Depression, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, High Blood Pressure, Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Cough
Comments: I have a cough that strangles me. Had this once before as a side effect to a drug. I just started a higher dose of bupropion. Could this be the problem or any of the other drugs I take?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.