Review: Restoril and Plaquenil drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Restoril and Plaquenil. It is created by eHealthMe based on 257 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Restoril (latest outcomes from 7,383 users) has active ingredients of temazepam. It is often used in insomnia.
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,409 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus.
On Mar, 9, 2014: 257 people who reported to have interactions when taking Restoril, Plaquenil are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Restoril (temazepam)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Restoril, Plaquenil:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||81|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||58|
|Myalgia (muscle pain)||56|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||43|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Restoril, Plaquenil:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Coagulopathy (blood's ability to clot is impaired)||4|
|Lupus Myocarditis (a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder that may affect heart muscle)||2|
|Hepatic Failure (liver failure)||2|
|Ventricular Tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart)||2|
|Toxicity To Various Agents (poisoning due to various agents)||2|
|Acidosis (build-up of carbon dioxide in the blood)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sleep disorder
- Post laminectomy syndrome
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Restoril (temazepam) is often used to treat insomnia. Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Restoril is used in:
- Plaquenil is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Restoril alternatives:
- Plaquenil alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
Items in section 3 are currently under evaluation. Most began to emerge, subtly, approximately 11 years ago and have intensified over the past 2-3 years. Myelomalacia involving a 9.5-cm segment of the posterior column of the spinal cord was demonstrated on MRI 2 weeks ago.
I would like to know what I can do to reduce the intake of these meds and get better from all of my conditions
I just don't want to do many thing that I used to. I don't want to see or go to any of my former friends or places cause I just get a bad feeling when I see or pass any of my old neighborhoods that I used to live in.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By BarbaraKay: Can curcumin c3 complex cause very dry mouth?
I have been takingall the above drugs since being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in 1998-99. The only variation is prednisone which I take only when I have a flare. Itook my first Curcumin C3 Complex capsule 3 days ago. 500mg. I decided to start with one a day for awhile. After a few hours I had the dry ...
- By Zdanr: I have primary hyperparathyroidism with an adenoma and an igm of 16. can you tell me if the study was ever done on this combination.
Was given t-131 at age 16 and have virtually no thyroid gland. I also have systemic and coronary vasospasms that have caused heart damage, an unspecified autoimmune disease with elevated ANA, osteoporosis, normal calcium levels, parathyroid hormone of 117, an identified adenoma of the parathyroid, ...
- By Luke: Should someone with discoid lupus and only one kidney be taking hydrochlorothiazide for water retention?
taking 25mg of hydrochlorothiazide for water retention only.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By clwk: Temazepam & fenfexodine
Is anyone else finding the Temazepam is not working when taken with fenofexedine? I survive on a few hours of sleep a day.
- By greeneyedgal: Plaquinil use shortness of breath
Approximately 4 months after starting Plaquenil, I observed I was experiencing SOB while lifting the patient I was caring for, also had severe muscle weakness. I had been out of the country for several weeks and thought I might have picked up something while in The Dominican. I was also losing wei ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Restoril, Colchicine, Alprazolam, Lipitor, Testosterone Cypionate, Cytomel, Synthroid, Provigil, Celebrex, Plaquenil, Symbicort, Flonase, Combivent, Metformin, Furosemide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Oxycodone, Lovenox, Plavix, Coumadin, Humira for a patient with Hypovitaminosis, Middle Insomnia, Gout - Acute, Stress And Anxiety, Hypercholesterolemia, Blood Testosterone Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Somnolence, Pain Management, Lupus-like Syndrome, Asthma, Nasal Decongestion Therapy, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Kidney Disease, Essential Hypertension, Breakthrough Pain, Hypercoagulable States, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Myelomalacia, Sensory Disturbance, Hyperacusis, Tinnitus, Vision Impairment (Vision problems), Speech Impairment (adult), Muscle Twitching, Depression, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Gait Abnormal, Tremor, Hyporeflexia, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Temazepam, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Elavil, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Lupus Encephalitis, Insomnia, Psychosis, Anxiety, Frequent Headaches, Complicated Migraine. The patient has Insomnia Nec, Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder), Anxiety Nec (Stress and anxiety), Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.