Review: Restoril and Vicodin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Restoril and Vicodin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,607 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Restoril (latest outcomes from 7,383 users) has active ingredients of temazepam. It is often used in insomnia.
Vicodin (latest outcomes from 35,229 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 2,607 people who reported to have interactions when taking Restoril, Vicodin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Restoril (temazepam)
- Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Restoril, Vicodin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,094|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||839|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||524|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||508|
|Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw)||459|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Restoril, Vicodin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Amnesia (deficit in memory caused by brain damage, disease, or psychological trauma)||34|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||34|
|Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present)||33|
|Renal Failure (kidney dysfunction)||32|
|Headache (pain in head)||17|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||14|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Restoril (temazepam) is often used to treat insomnia. Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Restoril is used in:
- Vicodin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Restoril alternatives:
- Vicodin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (17 hours ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
I take all my medications between 12:00pm & 2pm. I start getting nauseous between 6:00pm & 7:00pm every night.
The nightmares I'm experiencing are not related to the trauma that caused my PTSD. The periactin has almost completely eliminated PTSD related nightmares. The nightmares were very severe after a procedure in which I was given large doses of dilaudid.
I would like to know what I can do to reduce the intake of these meds and get better from all of my conditions
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Gmanana: What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- By douglas: Can norco cause heartburn
The use of Norco is causing heartburn. I.ve used various drugs with hydrocodone and Tylenol type drugs such as Lortab, Vicodin, etc. But I,ve never had one cause severe heartburn like this Norco does.
- By DianeR: I have been taking loratab 7.5 for several years with no problem and have been switched to the norco 7.5/325 and have been not feeling well is there a difference in ingredients/
Has anyone else experienced side effects while taking this? I actually feel like I am being poisoned. Is there an alternative out there?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By clwk: Temazepam & fenfexodine
Is anyone else finding the Temazepam is not working when taken with fenofexedine? I survive on a few hours of sleep a day.
- By vtway: Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- By Nikkiney.79: Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Lorazepam, Wellbutrin, Ranitidine, Temazepam, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Adderall 20 for a patient with Chronic Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Gerd, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Fatigue. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Headache, Nausea, Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Chronic Pain, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned) (Primary Insomnia), Fatigue, Depression, Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder)
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Neurontin, Restoril, Ativan, Lidoderm, Robaxin, Norco, Periactin, Adderall 20, Dilaudid for a patient with Supplementation Therapy, Low Back Pain, Chronic Insomnia, Anxiety, Nightmares - Repeated, Mental Impairment. The patient has Nightmares - Repeated (Repeated nightmares)
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Temazepam, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Elavil, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Lupus Encephalitis, Insomnia, Psychosis, Anxiety, Frequent Headaches, Complicated Migraine. The patient has Insomnia Nec, Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder), Anxiety Nec (Stress and anxiety), Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.