Review: Risperdal and Aricept
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Risperdal and Aricept. It is created by eHealthMe based on 919 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Apr, 2, 2014: 919 people who reported to have interactions when taking Risperdal, Aricept are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Risperdal (risperidone)
- Aricept (donepezil hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Risperdal, Aricept:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||206|
|Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement)||174|
|Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)||168|
|Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)||130|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||126|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Risperdal, Aricept:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone)||30|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||24|
|Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)||23|
|Cellulitis (infection under the skin)||12|
|Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom)||12|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type
- Ill-defined disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Donepezil hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Risperdal (risperidone) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Aricept (donepezil hydrochloride) is often used to treat alzheimer's disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Risperdal is used in:
- Aricept is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Risperdal alternatives:
- Aricept alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
After starting on Warfarin Sodium treatment for a DVT in her right leg, her heartbeat is continuously irregular and goes from extreme highs to extreme lows.
Having dreams, severe anxiety,sleeping a lot during day, not sleeping at night, mask face, frightened,
Just want to know if there are adverse effects of this combination of drugs. It's for my mother and her family doctor has prescribed some of the medication without my knowledge (I have power of attorney).
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!! WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive?
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- Does risperdal cause epileptic focus disorder?
i have a brain injury,that causes a rare seizure disorder called epileptic focus disorder,id like to know how i got the brain injury???? is it from my risperidal/risperdone? also is it from carbomazipine?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Risperidone, Donepezil for a patient with Deep Vein Thrombosis, Psychosis, Dementia. The patient has Heart Rate Irregular
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperidone, Ativan, Aricept, Namenda for a patient with Depression, Anxiety, Dementia, Dementia Alzheimer's Type.
- A study of drug interactions between Furosemide, Mirtazapine, Oxybutynin Chloride, Aricept, Risperidone for a patient with Fluid Retention, Depression, Incontinence, Alzheimer's Disease, Agitation.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Midodrine Hydrochloride, Evista, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Namenda for a 80-year old woman who has Dementia Alzheimer's Type
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Risperidone for a 65-year old man who has Paranoia
- Comparions of Namenda, Donepezil for a 85-year old woman who has Alzheimers
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.