From FDA reports: drug interactions between Seroquel and Xanax
This is a real world study of Seroquel and Xanax drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4,414 reports from FDA.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
What are the drugs
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is used in bipolar disorder, insomnia, bipolar i disorder, depression, sleep disorder, stress and anxiety.
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, insomnia, panic attack, sleep disorder.
On May, 23, 2013: 4,414 people who reported to have interactions when taking Seroquel, Xanax are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Seroquel, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|2||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||1,393|
|4||Blood Cholesterol Increased||861|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Seroquel, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|1||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||795|
|3||Blood Cholesterol Increased||409|
|7||Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||117|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Seroquel is used in:
- Xanax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Seroquel alternatives:
- Xanax alternatives:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- How long does it take to get rid of high triglycerides levels from cortisone shots
(for a 50 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, High Levels Of Triglycerides, and takes Alprazolam, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Succinate)
Hello, five months ago I went to my Cardiologist and my cholesterol levels were very good, today I got my lab test results and my Doctor said my LDL is 265 and need to bring it down. I went home and I started research on it and found out that taking shots of cortisone could raise your LDL levels, no ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycontin, Percocet, Xanax, Escitalopram Oxalate, Seroquel for a patient with Pain Management, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance. The patient has Waking Up With Breathing Trouble, Resolves Once I Wake Up
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr, Mobic, Xanax, Zanaflex, Lortab, Lyrica for a patient with Major Depression, Degenerative Disc Disease, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine, Percocet, Ambien, Celexa, Seroquel, Estradiol, Xanax for a patient with Chronic Pain, Chronic Insomnia, Depression, Mania, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Panic Attacks. The patient has Sulindac, Lyrica
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Seroquel, Lunesta, Xanax for a patient with Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Seroquel for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Sleep Disorder Therapy, Panic Attacks. The patient has Seroma
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Topamax, Pristiq, Folic Acid, Meridia, Clozaril, Synthroid, Nexium, Ultram, Cogentin, Xanax, Trilipix, Seroquel for a patient with Hallucination. The patient has Neutrophil Count Decreased, White Blood Cell Count Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Abilify, Dietary Supplements, Promethazine, Topamax, Zoloft, Omeprazole, Carafate, Xanax, Effexor, Seroquel, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Metoclopramide for a patient with Nausea. The patient has Emotional Disorder, Nausea, Tardive Dyskinesia, Mental Disorder, Hypoglycaemia (Hypoglycemia), Condition Aggravated, Insomnia, Sciatica, Ulcer (Gastric ulcer), Hypertension (High blood pressure), Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Economic Problem, Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Prozac, Xanax for a patient with Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, Sleep Disorder. The patient has Convulsion, Headache, Insomnia, Activities Of Daily Living Impaired, Depression, Adverse Event, Maternal Exposure Timing Unspecified, Fall, Nausea, Feeling Abnormal, Tremor, Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy, Cervical Incompetence, Malaise, Vision Blurred, Dizziness, Heart Rate Increased, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting), Off Label Use, Drug Dose Omission, Emotional Disorder, Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty), Intentional Drug Misuse
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Alprazolam, Zolpidem for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Letairis, Vicodin, Xanax, Seroquel, Geodon, Lithium Carbonate, Celexa, Effexor for a patient with Pulmonary Hypertension. The patient has Syncope (Fainting)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydrea for a 62-year old man who has Polycythemia Vera (46 minutes ago)
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Furosemide, Metoprolol Succinate for a 71-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, PVC's Tachycardia (49 minutes ago)
- Suprax for a 26-year old woman who has Typhoid Fever (1 hour ago)
- Clomid for a 31-year old woman who has Anovulatory Cycle (1 hour ago)
- Zolpidem, Crestor, , Axiron for a 58-year old man who has Cant Sleep, High Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Low Testosterone (2 hours ago)
- Yasmin, Vitamins, Alprazolam for a 32-year old woman who has PMS, Fatigue, Anxiety (2 hours ago)
- Simvastatin for a 69-year old man who has Fexofenadine (3 hours ago)
- Nuvaring, Viibryd, Xanax, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman who has Birth Control And Family Planning, Depression - Major, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks , Focus, Concentration (3 hours ago)
- Allopurinol, Finasteride, Perindopril Erbumine for a 69-year old man who has Gout, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure (3 hours ago)
- Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old woman who has Anxiety & Insomnia (3 hours ago)