Review: Soma and Xanax drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Soma and Xanax. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,979 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Soma (latest outcomes from 9,519 users) has active ingredients of carisoprodol. It is often used in pain.
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Mar, 2, 2014: 1,979 people who reported to have interactions when taking Soma, Xanax are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Soma (carisoprodol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Soma, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||512|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||375|
|Headache (pain in head)||325|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Soma, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dysarthria (speech disorder)||36|
|Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present)||28|
|Headache (pain in head)||20|
|Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)||18|
|Road Traffic Accident||16|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||15|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation)||14|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain
- Muscle spasms
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Soma (carisoprodol) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Soma is used in:
- Xanax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Soma alternatives:
- Xanax alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (11 months ago):
I thought this was a symptom checker for low platelets. I thought this would look at the drugs and tell me if it could cause or add to low platelets
I was diagnosed with Herpes Type 2 many years ago, but VERY rarely have an outbreak. Recently, I have had lesions just on the left side of my body, from my lip to my genitals, as well as a very red eye...along with tingling and pain.
After starting the bentyl I became uncontrollably fatigued.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By Lmprn0925: I take ms contin 60 mg twice daily, yet my drug screens are coming back negative. as a result, my pain management doc refuses to order me any more pain mediciation.
I have been a pain management patient at a local pain clinic for about a year now. My medication is MS Contin that is prescribed. However, my oral swab drug screens have been coming back negative for the Morphine. So, needless to say, my doctor has cut me off of pain meds. Has anyone else had thi ...
- By Nana09: Has anyone ever had anxiety attacks while taking miralax?
I have been using Miralax for at least a year,with no problem.Now,I'm having anxiety attacks & my head itches all the time & I do not have dandruff...Is there anyone who has had anything like this while using Miralax (Polyethylene). HELP!!I'M MISERABLE!!!I have to take something for constipation,but ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Tonya: Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Soma, Neurontin, Lidoderm, Cytomel, Synthroid, Xanax, Prozac, Ibuprofen for a patient with Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Pain, Low Thyroid, Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Platelet Count
- A study of drug interactions between Nabumetone, Probiotics, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Xanax, Estradiol, Soma, Wellbutrin Xl, Zoloft for a patient with Chronic Pain, Nausea In The Morning - Females, Insomnia, Anxiety, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Muscle Spasms, Depression. The patient has Acne, Eye Redness, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety), Herpes Virus Infection, Chronic Pain, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Soma, Lortab, Xanax, Benadryl, Phenergan for a patient with IBS, Fibromyalgia, Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Allergies, Nausea. The patient has Fatigue Aggravated
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.