Review: Subutex and Nucynta
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Subutex and Nucynta. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Subutex and Nucynta >>>
What are the drugs
Subutex (latest outcomes from 3,060 users) has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal.
Nucynta (latest outcomes from 1,691 users) has active ingredients of tapentadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 7 people who take Subutex, Nucynta are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Subutex (buprenorphine hydrochloride)
- Nucynta (tapentadol hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Lip Ulceration||Dizziness||Atrial Fibrillation||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Lip Ulceration|
|Dizziness||Gait Disturbance||Atrial Fibrillation|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Lip Ulceration||Atrial Fibrillation|
|Gait Disturbance||Depression Suicidal|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Atrial Fibrillation||Lip Ulceration|
|Depression Suicidal||Gait Disturbance|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Subutex and Nucynta?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Subutex and Nucynta
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Subutex and Nucynta
- support group for people who take Nucynta
- support group for people who take Subutex
Latest outcomes in real world:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Does nucynta filter through the liver
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Cancer Pain, and takes Nucynta)
I have rectal cancer and it is very painful. I also have a rare liver condition and I need to take a pain controller that is not filtered through the liver.
- Will i recover from a tourette's like disorder brought on by seroquel ?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Panic Disorder, OCD, Insomnia, Tourette Syndrome, and takes Adderall 15, Buprenorphine Hydrochloride, Seroquel Xr)
Started Seroquel first night 12.5 mg nothing 2am take 12.5 mg seroquel slept 2 hours maximum 2nd nite 6pm12.5 mg seroquel 7pm 12.5 mg sleep hours later only 2hours slept at 2am12.5 mg seroquel nothing Next morning about 9-10 am i start becoming extremely irritable agitated aggressive. Then i ope ...
- Can i take ultram for pain while taking subutex
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Pain, Spider Bite, Poison Ivy, and takes Subutex, Prednisone, Bactrim, Ultram)
Spider bite first, not painful but itches. Poison Ivy rash, and terrible headache
- Has anyone developed pruritus after 5 to 10 years on subutex?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Pruritus, and takes Subutex, Colchicine)
Puritus just started after 7 years of being on suboxone. Just switched to generic subutex, three weeks ago. Pruritus just started 1 week ago, on the back of my thighs and buttocks.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Unexplained death of a young, healthy man
(Posted by a 37 year old man who has Chronic Back Pain, and takes Nucynta Er)
My 35 year old husband died after taking Nucynta ER for 14 days. Although he had no history of seizures the drug caused him to have multiple seizures one night. This resulted in cardiac arrest and an untimely death of a strong, healthy, hard working man. Please know all of the possible side affec ...
- Thinking about methadone maintenance? don't do it
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Opiate Withdrawal, Dependence, Drug Dependence, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Subutex, Suboxone)
I'm on Methadone Maintenance Therapy (MMT) after failing to stay off of chronic and illicit use of heroin, dilaudid, and methamphetamines. I tried going clean using the subutex/ suboxone method twice and wasn't able to stop using the other drugs. With MMT I am clean of the illicit drugs, but I ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Subutex (buprenorphine hydrochloride) is often used to treat opiate withdrawal. Nucynta (tapentadol hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Subutex is used in:
- Nucynta is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Subutex alternatives:
- Nucynta alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Keppra, Prilosec, Nucynta, Savella for a patient with Insomnia, Epilepsy, Heartburn, Migraine, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower, Muscle Sprain, Muscle Spasms, Low Back Pain
Comments: Onset of symptoms started on third day of Savella Titration pack. Immediately stopped medicine (had the 3rd day am dose) by midday spasms and back pain severe, by 6pm unable to walk due to extreme pain. Sent to ER, no response to pain medicine, finally muscle relaxer allowed me to walk again. Sent h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Celexa, Norco, Nucynta Er for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Sciatic Nerve Injury, Bulging Eyes. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: The chest pain has gone down one arm one time and down my other arm the next time I got chest pain a week later. Plus I have trouble breathing when this happens.
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Subutex for a patient with Panic Attacks, Addiction. The patient has Tremors Or Anxitey Attacks Some Sleep Problems And Happens Hour Or So Into Sleep I Start Shaking And Than Have Control My Breathing As If It Was Anxiety Attack
Comments: Tremors start hour into sleep sometimes and didn't know if it was anxiety attack or something worse
- A study of side effects of Subutex for a patient with Addiction. The patient has Wake Up With Left Hand And Arm Severely Swollen. No Feeling Or Control Of The Area Until I Start Moving It, Then Strong Stabbing Pain For At Least 15-30 Minutes.
Comments: It doesn't happen every day or even once a week. But when it does, it is severely painful and really scary during the episode!!
- A study of drug interactions between Femhrt, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paracetamol, Codeine, Ramipril, Atenolol, Tapentadol Hydrochloride, Pregabalin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Menopause, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Headache, Fibromyalgia, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Hypothyroidism, Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome, Menopause, Headache, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia
Comments: Following moderate whiplash injury in a road traffic accident three years ago, symptoms of pain, exhaustion, IBS, headache, nausea have continued and my quality of life consists of work and recovering.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.