Review: taking Subutex and Nucynta together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Subutex and Nucynta together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Subutex and Nucynta. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Subutex and Nucynta >>>
On Mar, 29, 2015: 7 people who take Subutex, Nucynta are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Subutex (buprenorphine hydrochloride)
- Nucynta (tapentadol hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Lip Ulceration||Dizziness||Atrial Fibrillation||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Lip Ulceration|
|Dizziness||Gait Disturbance||Atrial Fibrillation|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Lip Ulceration||Atrial Fibrillation|
|Gait Disturbance||Depression Suicidal|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Atrial Fibrillation||Lip Ulceration|
|Depression Suicidal||Gait Disturbance|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Subutex and Nucynta?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Subutex and Nucynta
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Nucynta, Valium for a 66-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Relaxant Therapy. The patient has Pain Inflammation Activated
- A study of side effects of Subutex for a 29-year old man with Dependence. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Subutex for a 28-year old woman with Substance Abuse. The patient has Shoulder Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Subutex for a 29-year old woman with Asthma Aggravated, Opioid Intoxication. The patient has Withdrawal Bleed
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Nucynta Er, Roxicodone for a 51-year old woman with Aging Changes In Hair And Nails, Pain. The patient has Stomach Pain
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Subutex (buprenorphine hydrochloride) is often used to treat opiate withdrawal. Nucynta (tapentadol hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Subutex is used in:
- Nucynta is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Subutex alternatives:
- Nucynta alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.