Review: Synthroid and Ubiquinol drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Synthroid and Ubiquinol. It is created by eHealthMe based on 660 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,377 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Ubiquinol (latest outcomes from 91 users) has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 660 people who reported to have interactions when taking Synthroid, Ubiquinol are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Ubiquinol (coenzyme q - 10)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Synthroid, Ubiquinol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)||102|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||91|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||90|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||90|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||71|
|Headache (pain in head)||51|
|Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness)||46|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Synthroid, Ubiquinol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Night Sweats (sweating in night)||2|
|Erythema Multiforme (type of hypersensitivity reaction)||2|
|Pulmonary Alveolar Haemorrhage (acute bleeding)||2|
|Myoclonic Jerks (involuntary twitching of a muscle or group of muscles)||1|
|Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)||1|
|Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Supplementation therapy
- Atrial fibrillation
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coenzyme q10
- Vitamin d
- Fish oil
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Synthroid is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Synthroid alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
onset one month ago started after treatment of UTI
I have been on Methotrexate and Enbrel injectables for two years for psoriatic arthritis. My abdomen became very tender last September. In October I developed a severe pain in my abdomen, went to the bathroom, passed a bloody stool and almost passed out. Later I passed two large blood clots. I went to the ER and they did a cat scan, said I had a thickening of the left and right walls of my colon. Went to gastroenterologist, did a colonoscopy, biopsies were negative. Had a MRA and blood flow was fine.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By fatima: To know whether drugs for hypothyroidism have side effects
hypertension range 130-140/90-95 for 2 mths. No previous history
- By Nancy: How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
- By junemc: Can levothyrosine for under active thyroid make you have high potassium
Have taken Levothyroxine for 10+ years and now have high potassium levels? Could this medication affect potassium levels? Any help appreciated thanks june
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Edie: Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- By snoozy: Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- By Isabel: Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Ibuprofen, Melatonin, Milk Thistle, Magnesium Oxide, CoQ-10, Zolpidem, Omeprazole Magnesium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Singulair, Prozac for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Migraine - Common, Insomnia, N-a-g, Ge Reflux, Hypothyroidism, Asthma, Depression. The patient has Urethral Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Oatstraw, Ginseng, Horsetail, Coenzyme Q10, B12, Vitamin D, Biotin, Esomeprazole Magnesium, Premarin, Synthroid, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Lamotrigine for a patient with Health, Energy Increased, Dry Hair, Acid Reflux, Menopause, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Chronic Kidney Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine, Magnesium, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Synthroid, Lisinopril, Enbrel, Methotrexate Preservative Free for a patient with Arthritis, Health, Heart Mri, Methotrexate - Serum, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Distended Abdomen (Abdomen - swollen), Thickening Of Left And Right Colon Walls, Stools - Bloody (Bloody or tarry stools)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.