Review: Tarceva and Pepcid
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Tarceva and Pepcid together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Tarceva and Pepcid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 281 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tarceva and Pepcid >>>
What are the drugs
Tarceva (latest outcomes from 6,803 users) has active ingredients of erlotinib hydrochloride. It is often used in lung cancer.
Pepcid (latest outcomes from 22,830 users) has active ingredients of famotidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 281 people who take Tarceva, Pepcid are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Tarceva (erlotinib hydrochloride)
- Pepcid (famotidine)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Malignant Neoplasm Progression||Anaemia||Supraventricular Tachycardia||Tachycardia||Vomiting||n/a||n/a||Malignant Neoplasm Progression|
|Pyrexia||Decreased Appetite||Small Intestinal Obstruction||Rash||Rash|
|Neoplasm Malignant||Pneumonia||Deep Vein Thrombosis||Staphylococcus Test Positive||Dyspnoea|
|Dermatitis Acneiform||Paronychia||Staphylococcal Bacteraemia||Skin Odour Abnormal||Pulmonary Embolism|
|Interstitial Lung Disease||Neoplasm Malignant||Cellulitis||Skin Fissures||Pleural Effusion|
|Hepatic Function Abnormal||Malignant Neoplasm Progression||Intestinal Obstruction||Skin Erosion||Decreased Appetite|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Malignant Neoplasm Progression||Pneumonia|
|Anaemia||Malignant Neoplasm Progression|
|Pulmonary Embolism||Pleural Effusion|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis||Pyrexia|
|Lung Adenocarcinoma||Interstitial Lung Disease|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Rash||Hypophagia||Anaemia||Malignant Neoplasm Progression|
|Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased||Meningitis||Insomnia||Rash|
|Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased||Abdominal Pain||Hyperglycaemia||Interstitial Lung Disease|
|Malignant Neoplasm Progression||General Physical Health Deterioration||Rash||Death|
|Akathisia||Gamma-glutamyltransferase Increased||Paronychia||Hepatic Function Abnormal|
|Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Unspecified||Nausea||Pulmonary Embolism||Lung Adenocarcinoma|
|Muscle Twitching||Suicide Attempt||Pneumothorax||Decreased Appetite|
|Adenosquamous Cell Lung Cancer||Performance Status Decreased||Malignant Neoplasm Progression||Anaemia|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Tarceva and Pepcid?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Tarceva and Pepcid
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tarceva and Pepcid
- support group for people who take Pepcid
- support group for people who take Tarceva
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take famotidine and i have been doing a lot of sneezing with after i take it
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Sneezing, and takes Famotidine)
i have been ding a lot of sneezing after I take famotidine or a probiotic why is this happening.
- Does anyone else have anorexia while taking tarceva? what do you do?
(Asked by a 85 year old woman who has Lung Cancer, and takes Tarceva)
I've been on tarceva for over two years--combatting Stage IV lung cancer. Doing super well despite most of the side effects mentioned by tarceva users (sore finger and toe tips, broken out face, hoarse voice, etc.) But recently I have lost 35 pounds in a few months, and food tastes dreadful(like b ...
- Can i take 2 aleve if i have a headache when i'm on tarceva
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Slight Headache, Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Stage Iv, and takes Tarceva, Sertraline Hydrochloride)
At night I have a slight headache and want to know if it is ok to take 2 aleve. Doesn't happen every night. Just been on tarceva for 12 days.
- I have a peptic ulcer and my blood pressure goes up and down is this normal .i usually have prefect blood pressure. what is causing this to happen.
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Peptic Ulcer, and takes Pepcid)
I have been on a bland diet for a peptic ulcer last night i tried to eat regular food and my blood pressure spiked up to 158/107 for just a few mins and came down but it has been going up and down. Is this normal?
- What acid reducing meds increase blood levels of subutex?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, and takes Pepcid)
I am aware that Tagament increases Subutex blood levels but what about other acid reducing meds? I take 12mg Subutex daily and I don't want to overdose because I took something to help acid reflux.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Tarceva (erlotinib hydrochloride) is often used to treat lung cancer. Pepcid (famotidine) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Tarceva is used in:
- Pepcid is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Tarceva alternatives:
- Pepcid alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Pepcid, Sudafed, Aspirin, Cymbalta for a patient with GERD, Ear Congestion, Blood Thinner, Depression. The patient has Cough
Comments: Coughing is severe often to the point that things go black and there is a ringing in my ears. I have never passed out, though I often think I may. I have allergies and my coughing onset is usually due to aspiration of food drink or sinus drainage. Sometimes It begins with a sharp tickle in my lar ...
- A study of side effects of Famotidine for a patient with GERD. The patient has Heart Pounding Or Racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Comments: I also am hyperthyroid and have been having heart pounding and check pressure and am trying to narrow down if this is medication, GERD, Hyperthyroidism, or something else. Had EKG, blood pressure, and check X-ray. All normal.
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Claritin, Hydroxyzine, Zyrtec, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Hives, Major Depression. The patient has Major Depression, Hives
Comments: Venlafaxine was started for major depression and anti-anxiety. Hives broke out 6 months after begin date of Venlafaxine. Allergist has prescribed/recommended the rest of the anti-histamine drugs. Hives and depression still linger.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium-D Glucarate, Vitamin D, B-12, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Famotidine, Novolog, Lantus, Prednisone, Azathioprine for a patient with Bone Density Decreased, Vitamin D Toxicity, Iron Deficiency, Potassium - Low, Fluid Retention, Abnormal Heart Rhythms, Stomach Flu, Diabetes Mellitus, Temporal Arteritis. The patient has Loss Of Appetite
Comments: 6 weeks ago, while on a program of prednisone reduction, my taste and appetite disappeared. All food tastes like cardboard. Prednisone was increased again about 3 weeks ago, however, appetite and taste remains gone. Any suggestions?
- A study of drug interactions between Azulfidine En-tabs, Pepcid Ac, Duragesic-50, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Zocor, Verapamil Hcl for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Ulcer, Sciatic Nerve Injury, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Hyperlipidemia, Hypertension. The patient has Kidney Crystallisation
Comments: Started Azulfadine, replacing plaquenil long qt cause, dark urine and burning urination. 5 days later started pepcid, replacing prilosec long qt cause, after one day extreme low back pain, felt like Duralegic patch not working. 4 days later still have low back pain. Stopped Azulfadine ec and pepcid ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.