Review: Tramadol and Ambien
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Tramadol and Ambien. It is created by eHealthMe based on 3,030 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Apr, 1, 2014: 3,030 people who reported to have interactions when taking Tramadol, Ambien are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride)
- Ambien (zolpidem tartrate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Tramadol, Ambien:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,432|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||1,206|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1,047|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||962|
|Pain In Extremity||716|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Tramadol, Ambien:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||36|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||31|
|Somnambulism (sleep walking)||28|
|Laceration (tearing of soft body tissue)||24|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||16|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Tramadol is used in:
- Ambien is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Tramadol alternatives:
- Ambien alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (1 month ago):
Tiny pin size red dots scattered on arm. Cannot be seen unless up close .
When to er with stroke like symptoms that turned out not to be a stroke.
I have had 3 periods all this month with one week of not having my period. I usually get really bad cramps, but these past three I have not had any, but I'm more concerned about the unusually frequent bleeding.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can i use ultram with aleve for tail born pain
Dr. suggested Ultram for painful tailbone from fall I'm 80 year old female ultram not working real good could I use aleve with it
- Puedo tomar provigil si tengo diabetes
no se puede mover por la debilidad tan grande que tiene, tiene dolores todo el tiempo, se le duerme los pies al grado que no los siente la mayor parte del tiempo, cualquier cosa que hace se cansa casi de inmediato, toma TRAMADOL,METFORMINA, GAVAPANTINA, ASPIRINA PROTEC, no puede subir las escaleras ...
- What medication is allowed after a splenectomy, what is not allowed?
What Food and drinks are also NOT allowed to have when having NO Spleen
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- I felt to be near death. no doctors could give me answers. i did my own research only to discover the truth about sleep aidsm
May of 2013 hospitalized. November 2013 hospitalized. Both times white blood count decreased dramatically. Constant fevers from 102.0-104.3 was given antibiotics, fed through my veins due to my inability to swallow and lack of appetite. These two events were the worst time of my life, very painful. ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Tramadol, Zolpidem, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Stress At Work, Post-traumatic Syndrome, Depression, Insomnia, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride Plain, Nabumetone, Atenolol, Ambien, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Topiramate, Tramadol, Valium, Lexapro for a patient with Nausea, Pain, Blood Pressure, Sleepy, Mucsle Relaxer, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Basilar Migraine, Bickerstaff Syndrome, Occipital Neuralgia, Mega Cisterna Magna, Brain Cyst, Neck Pain Disc Replacement, Head Injury
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Ambien, Tramadol for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Back Pain. The patient has Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Dextromorphan Hydrobromide, Quinidine Gluconate, Tramadol, Pristiq for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Sr, Ativan, Ultram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Methocarbamol, Pyridium for a 64-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.