Review: taking Trental and Pletal together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Trental and Pletal together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Trental and Pletal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 104 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Trental and Pletal >>>
On Apr, 7, 2015: 104 people who take Trental, Pletal are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Trental (pentoxifylline)
- Pletal (cilostazol)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Loss Of Consciousness||Hypersensitivity||n/a||Cerebral Haemorrhage||Impaired Healing||n/a||n/a||Vomiting|
|Respiratory Arrest||Chest Pain||Haemoptysis||Arthropod Bite||Cardiac Failure Congestive|
|Haemorrhage||Ulcer Nos||Middle Lobe Syndrome||Anxiety|
|Wound||Upper Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage||Pneumonia||Dysphagia|
|Haemoglobin Decreased||Myocardial Infarction||Haemorrhagic Diathesis||Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease|
|Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage||Abdominal Pain Nos||Carotid Artery Disease Nos||Oedema Peripheral|
|Renal Failure Acute||Peripheral Artery Aneurysm||Headache||Abdominal Pain Upper|
|Melaena||Haemoglobin Decreased||Cardiac Failure Congestive||Dizziness|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||Gout||Syncope|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Urinary Tract Infection||Pneumonia|
|Dizziness||Cardiac Failure Congestive|
|Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease||Vomiting|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis||Diarrhoea Nos||Dizziness|
|Oedema||Cardiac Failure Congestive||Syncope|
|Erythema||Scab||Cardiac Failure Congestive|
|Skin Hypertrophy||Hypersensitivity Nos||Dysphagia|
|Joint Contracture||Nasal Congestion||Pneumonia|
|Quadriparesis||Oedema Lower Limb||Fatigue|
|Extremity Contracture||Nocturia||Oedema Peripheral|
|Musculoskeletal Stiffness||Dyspnoea Exertional||Coronary Artery Disease|
|Skin Induration||Myocardial Ischaemia||Urinary Tract Infection|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Trental and Pletal on
Do you take Trental and Pletal?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Trental and Pletal
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Cilostazol, Bystolic, Cialis for a 67-year old man with Help With Sleep, Growth Hormone Deficiency, Pvd, Hbp, Bph. The patient has Nosebleed
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Coumadin, Pletal, ASA for a 33-year old man with Pain, Thrombosis, Bleeding. The patient has Thrombocytopenia
- A study of side effects of Cilostazol for a 65-year old man with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs. The patient has Leg Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Trental, Lipitor for a 56-year old woman with Supplyment, Kidney Stones, Hypercholesterolemia. The patient has Flashing In The Eye
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Cilostazol, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Simvastatin, Clonidine Hydrochloride, Carvedilol, Sertraline, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 76-year old man with ?, Heart?, Gout, Pain, Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure?, High Blood Pressure/gout.
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Trental (pentoxifylline) is often used to treat hearing loss. Pletal (cilostazol) is often used to treat blockage of leg arteries. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Trental is used in:
- Pletal is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Trental alternatives:
- Pletal alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.