From FDA reports: drug interactions between Turmeric and Dexamethasone
This is a real world study of Turmeric and Dexamethasone drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 36 reports from FDA.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
What are the drugs
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is used in arthritis.
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is used in swelling, multiple myeloma, inflammation, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, headache, croup.
On Jun, 6, 2013: 36 people who reported to have interactions when taking Turmeric, Dexamethasone are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Turmeric (turmeric)
- Dexamethasone (dexamethasone)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Turmeric, Dexamethasone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|5||Intervertebral Disc Protrusion||14|
|6||General Physical Health Deterioration||14|
|9||Metastases To Spine||12|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Turmeric, Dexamethasone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma
- Metastases to bone
- Intracranial pressure increased
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d
- Fish oil
- Radiation therapy
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Turmeric (turmeric) is often used to treat arthritis. Dexamethasone (dexamethasone) is often used to treat swelling. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Turmeric is used in:
- Dexamethasone is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Turmeric alternatives:
- Dexamethasone alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Oxycodone Hcl, Revlimid, Multi-vitamins, Dexamethasone, Ativan, Acyclovir, Rasburicase, Turmeric, Urso Forte, Velcade, Novolog, Ursodiol, Fluid, Gabapentin, Diazepam, Levemir, Antibiotics for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Nausea, Vomiting, Prophylaxis. The patient has No Therapeutic Response, Renal Failure Acute, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter), Deep Vein Thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis), Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage, Plasmacytoma
- A study of drug interactions between Velcade, Antibiotics, Turmeric, Diazepam, Ursodiol, Levemir, Rasburicase, Gabapentin, Novolog, Urso Forte, Multi-vitamins, Fluid, Oxycodone Hcl, Aspirin, Acyclovir, Ativan, Dexamethasone, Revlimid for a patient with Prophylaxis, Vomiting, Nausea, Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Deep Vein Thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis), Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage, Renal Failure Acute, Plasmacytoma, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter), No Therapeutic Response
- A study of drug interactions between Rasburicase, Antibiotics, Urso Forte, Gabapentin, Turmeric, Diazepam, Levemir, Velcade, Novolog, Ursodiol, Dexamethasone, Revlimid, Ativan, Acyclovir, Fluid, Multi-vitamins, Oxycodone Hcl, Aspirin for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Vomiting, Nausea, Prophylaxis. The patient has No Therapeutic Response, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter), Renal Failure Acute, Plasmacytoma, Deep Vein Thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis), Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage
- A study of drug interactions between Multi-vitamins, Revlimid, Turmeric, Prilosec, Fish Oil, Metformin Hcl, Decadron, Thisilyn, Co Q-10 for a patient with Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Blood Glucagon Increased, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)
- A study of drug interactions between Sirolimus, Curcumin, Cyclosporine, Bortezomib, Decadron, Prednisone Tab, Melphalan Hydrochloride, Thalidomide for a patient with Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Splenomegaly, Leukopenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Levothyroxine Thyroid, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 64-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, ADD, Depression Postmenopausal (9 minutes ago)
- Tenex, Zoloft for a 8-year old boy who has Adhd, Ocd (10 minutes ago)
- Bystolic for a 67-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure (33 minutes ago)
- Benadryl Preservative Free, Advil Pm, Wellbutrin Sr, Klonopin for a 52-year old woman who has Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Aches And Pains In Bones, Depression Postmenopausal, Anxiety And Stress (44 minutes ago)
- Norvasc for a 38-year old woman who has Hypertension (51 minutes ago)
- Cymbalta for a 28-year old woman who has Galactorrhea (52 minutes ago)
- Clozapine for a 23-year old woman who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (55 minutes ago)
- Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 71-year old woman who has Heart Blood Pressure (60 minutes ago)
- Prograf for a 51-year old man who has To Prevent Kidney Graft Rejection (1 hour ago)
- Methyltestosterone for a 50-year old man who has Low Testosterone (1 hour ago)