Review: Xanax and Ibuprofen
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xanax and Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on 3,434 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Mar, 29, 2014: 3,434 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax, Ibuprofen are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Ibuprofen (ibuprofen)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax, Ibuprofen:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,195|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||839|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||665|
|Headache (pain in head)||570|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax, Ibuprofen:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cholelithiasis (the presence or formation of gallstones in the gallbladder or bile ducts)||58|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||44|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||44|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||26|
|Cholecystitis Chronic (long lasting infection of gallbladder)||25|
|Cholecystitis Acute (rapid infection of gallbladder)||22|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Ibuprofen is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax alternatives:
- Ibuprofen alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
Had knee replacement. Have non-union scaphoid fracture. Torn rotator cuff and dislocated shoulder.
I thought this was a symptom checker for low platelets. I thought this would look at the drugs and tell me if it could cause or add to low platelets
neck & back pain feels like I slept wrong. It has been two days but feels it is getting better every day.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What are side effects if i mix celebrex with meloxicam?
I had total joint done on right leg about 3 years ago. Left knee was getting bad at that time, but I've gotten by with cortisone injections up until now. I've had cortisone shots in my both hips. I've developed an issue with right wrist, severe pain, not much range of motion, dr. makes me wear a ...
- Can you take ibuprofen for arthritis condition, i have multiple myeloma, i have had stem cell treatment and was clear for 5 years , paraproteins were raised but another stem cell treatment not viable
My consultant has told me Im not to use Ibuprofen as it may alter my blood results. I suffer with pain in my wrists, thighs, lower back. I just dont know who to turn to with this as the pain is 24hrs a day and I dont know what advice is the best!
- Is it safe to take methadone(52mg daily), metoprolol extended release(75mg daily) & xanax(1mg twice daily)
I'm just wanting to know if its safe to take all 3. I've been on methadone for 7yrs and about a yr ago i started tapering and started at 130mg, but am now at 52mg. I've been on the Metoprolol(extended release) for about a yr now taking 50mg in AM, and 25mg in PM. I just started taking the Xanax abo ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
- Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Ibuprofen, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Oxycodone for a patient with Md Ordered, Labs Low, Md Ordered, Energy Increased, Bone Pain, Panic Attacks, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Leg Pain, Depression, Pain - Shoulder. The patient has White Blood Cells Urine Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Soma, Neurontin, Lidoderm, Cytomel, Synthroid, Xanax, Prozac, Ibuprofen for a patient with Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Pain, Low Thyroid, Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Platelet Count
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Protonix, Metformin, Xanax, Klonopin, Effexor Xr for a patient with Pain, Acid Reflux, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Panic Disorder, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia. The patient has Back Stiffness, Neck Stiffness (Neck pain)
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Advil, Humira for a 39-year old woman who has Psoriasis
- Comparions of Humalog, Advil for a 1-year old boy who has Spinal Cord Infection
- Comparions of Melatonin, Advil for a 62-year old woman who has Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.