Review: Xanax and Ibuprofen drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Xanax and Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on 3,328 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Ibuprofen (latest outcomes from 61,385 users) has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 3,328 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax, Ibuprofen are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Ibuprofen (ibuprofen)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax, Ibuprofen:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||803|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||614|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||494|
|Headache (pain in head)||427|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax, Ibuprofen:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cholelithiasis (the presence or formation of gallstones in the gallbladder or bile ducts)||32|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||24|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||22|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||15|
|Cholecystitis Chronic (long lasting infection of gallbladder)||12|
|Leukocytosis (increased white blood cells)||11|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used to treat acupuncture and pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Ibuprofen is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax alternatives:
- Ibuprofen alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
Had knee replacement. Have non-union scaphoid fracture. Torn rotator cuff and dislocated shoulder.
I thought this was a symptom checker for low platelets. I thought this would look at the drugs and tell me if it could cause or add to low platelets
neck & back pain feels like I slept wrong. It has been two days but feels it is getting better every day.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Joe Ryan: Can predinsone cause kidney failure
i have Pemthigud and am being treated with Prednisone 60mg daily and ibprophen for pain. I could not urinate and now have a permanent catheter, all my teeth have been pulled, my feet are swollen and I am not geting better.
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By Lmprn0925: I take ms contin 60 mg twice daily, yet my drug screens are coming back negative. as a result, my pain management doc refuses to order me any more pain mediciation.
I have been a pain management patient at a local pain clinic for about a year now. My medication is MS Contin that is prescribed. However, my oral swab drug screens have been coming back negative for the Morphine. So, needless to say, my doctor has cut me off of pain meds. Has anyone else had thi ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Chelette: Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
- By Tonya: Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Ibuprofen, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Oxycodone for a patient with Md Ordered, Labs Low, Md Ordered, Energy Increased, Bone Pain, Panic Attacks, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Leg Pain, Depression, Pain - Shoulder. The patient has White Blood Cells Urine Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Soma, Neurontin, Lidoderm, Cytomel, Synthroid, Xanax, Prozac, Ibuprofen for a patient with Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Pain, Low Thyroid, Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Platelet Count
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Protonix, Metformin, Xanax, Klonopin, Effexor Xr for a patient with Pain, Acid Reflux, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Panic Disorder, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia. The patient has Back Stiffness, Neck Stiffness (Neck pain)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.