Review: Xanax and Marijuana
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xanax and Marijuana. It is created by eHealthMe based on 217 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Mar, 29, 2014: 217 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax, Marijuana are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Marijuana (marijuana)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax, Marijuana:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Respiratory Arrest (cessation of normal respiration due to failure of the lungs to function effectively)||189|
|Toxicity To Various Agents (poisoning due to various agents)||118|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||72|
|Cardio-respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs)||72|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||66|
|Pain In Extremity||56|
|Intentional Drug Misuse||46|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax, Marijuana:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present)||6|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||6|
|Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves)||4|
|Pain In Extremity||4|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Drug abuse
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Marijuana (marijuana) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Marijuana is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax alternatives:
- Marijuana alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Started having grand mal seizures at age 24. Have had over 50 seizures, all grand mal and all sever in length and recovery time. Severe loss of memory. Accompanied by 3 strokes. Two TIA and one causing left body from shoulder down for weeks. Cannot drive. Cannot work. Longest length in between episodes is a little over a month. Single mother concerned for my son's and my own safety. Idiopathic. Tried MANY different regiments of medications. Breakthrough severe seizures always occur. Have see. Seen many specialist all test preformed, no solid answers at all. NO history of epilepsy or seizure disorder in family. At a loss. Please help me get my life back.
Started having grand mal seizures at age 24. Have had over 50 seizures, all grand mal and all sever in length and recovery time. Severe loss of memory. Accompanied by 3 strokes. Two TIA and one causing left body from shoulder down for weeks. Cannot drive. Cannot work. Longest length in between episodes is a little over a month. Single mother concerned for my son's and my own safety. Idiopathic. Tried MANY different regiments of medications. Breakthrough severe seizures always occur. Have see. Seen many specialist, all test preformed, no solid answers at all. NO history of epilepsy or seizure disorder in family. At a loss. Please help me get my life back.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What are side effects if i mix celebrex with meloxicam?
I had total joint done on right leg about 3 years ago. Left knee was getting bad at that time, but I've gotten by with cortisone injections up until now. I've had cortisone shots in my both hips. I've developed an issue with right wrist, severe pain, not much range of motion, dr. makes me wear a ...
- Is it safe to take methadone(52mg daily), metoprolol extended release(75mg daily) & xanax(1mg twice daily)
I'm just wanting to know if its safe to take all 3. I've been on methadone for 7yrs and about a yr ago i started tapering and started at 130mg, but am now at 52mg. I've been on the Metoprolol(extended release) for about a yr now taking 50mg in AM, and 25mg in PM. I just started taking the Xanax abo ...
- What are the effects of multiple drugs on chromagranin a levels?
I have been diagnosed with carcinoid cancer and had a very small tumor removed. My CgA levels have been, since my surgery, below 200. Recently, the number jumped to 2000. My doctor and I are trying to find out if any of the many drugs I take, in addition to my diabetes medications and insulin, can ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Marijuana effect on oa pain
I have severe OA ( hips, knees replaced) cervical and lumbar spine require fusing both shoulders need replacing.This is Ortho doc talking not me. I get no relief from non-steroidal anti inflammatory or only short relief from steroid injections. oxicodine does work when pain is intollerable but Fear ...
- Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Marijuana for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety. The patient has Insomnia, Anorexia, Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder)
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Adderall 15, Xanax, Lamictal for a patient with Poor Personal Hygiene, Add, Epilepsy. The patient has Thought Withdrawal, Grip Strength Decreased, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (Weakness), Speech Impairment (adult), Hypertension Aggravated (High blood pressure), Heart Rate Increased, Confusional Arousal, Clammy Skin (Skin - clammy), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Tia (Transient ischemic attack), Stroke, Minor Cognitive Motor Disorder, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety), Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition (Generalized anxiety disorder), Sweating Increased, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Cold Sweat (Skin - clammy), Loss Of Memory (Memory loss), Sudden Memory Loss (Memory loss), Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Long-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Idiopathic Generalised Epilepsy, Body Movements - Uncontrollable (Movement - uncontrollable), Movement - Uncontrollable, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Uncontrolled Movements (Movement - uncontrollable), Feeling Uptight (Stress and anxiety), Feeling Abnormal, Feeling Jittery, Grand Mal Convulsion, Breakthrough Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Haldol, Paxil, Xanax, Marihuana, Vistaril for a patient with Misdiagnosed Paranoid While Actually Having A Stroke, Menopausal Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Pain Management, Anxiety While Incarcerated In Mental Institution. The patient has Impairment Of Speech (Speech impairment (adult)), Involuntary Mandatory Incarceration In A Mental Institution
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prochlorperazine, Alprazolam for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Paxil, Xanax for a 54-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Paxil, Lexapro, Alprazolam, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 36-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.