Review: Xanax and Meloxicam drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Xanax and Meloxicam. It is created by eHealthMe based on 874 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Meloxicam (latest outcomes from 10,232 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 874 people who reported to have interactions when taking Xanax, Meloxicam are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Meloxicam (meloxicam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Xanax, Meloxicam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||262|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||224|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||147|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||119|
|Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)||111|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Xanax, Meloxicam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone)||8|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||4|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||3|
|Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect)||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Meloxicam (meloxicam) is often used to treat arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Meloxicam is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Xanax alternatives:
- Meloxicam alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
I was taken off Meloxicam and told that I could never take it due to my Barrett's Esophogus. As a results due to my DJD, bulging discs and stenosis, plus Osteoarthritis especially in my hands, my pain and stiffness is unbearable.
Also take multiple vitamins and minerals
Severe itching of ankles. So severe I have rubbed my skin off 1/2"x3" area in my sleep. It is much worse if I get a mosquito bite. I live in Fort Worth, TX AND West Nile Virus very bad here. Don't know if it is related.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By Nancy: How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
- By Lmprn0925: I take ms contin 60 mg twice daily, yet my drug screens are coming back negative. as a result, my pain management doc refuses to order me any more pain mediciation.
I have been a pain management patient at a local pain clinic for about a year now. My medication is MS Contin that is prescribed. However, my oral swab drug screens have been coming back negative for the Morphine. So, needless to say, my doctor has cut me off of pain meds. Has anyone else had thi ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Tonya: Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Imodium, Bacillus Probiotics, Calcium D - Glucarate, Meloxicam, ASA, Lovastatin, Lisinopril, Restoril, Prilosec, Xanax, Zoloft, Nadolol for a patient with Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Osteopenia, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Plaque Buildup - Arteries, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Barrett's Esophagus, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction). The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Citrate, Lasix, Strattera, Nasacort, Tylenol, Reglan, Losartan, Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Lipitor, Prilosec, Coumadin, Atenolol, Celexa, Mobic, Gabapentin, Xanax for a patient with Vitamin Supplementation, Hypertension, Adhd, Allergy Prophylaxis, Pain, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Depression, Muscle Spasms, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypercoagulable States, Osteoarthritis, Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety And Stress.
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr, Mobic, Xanax, Zanaflex, Lortab, Lyrica for a patient with Major Depression, Degenerative Disc Disease, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.