From FDA reports: drug interactions between Zofran and Magnesium Citrate
This is a real world study of Zofran and Magnesium Citrate drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 314 reports from FDA.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
What are the drugs
Zofran has active ingredients of ondansetron hydrochloride. It is used in nausea, nausea and vomiting, hyperemesis gravidarum, morning sickness, nausea post chemotherapy, nausea postoperative.
Magnesium citrate has active ingredients of magnesium. It is used in constipation.
On Jun, 8, 2013: 314 people who reported to have interactions when taking Zofran, Magnesium Citrate are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Zofran (ondansetron hydrochloride)
- Magnesium Citrate (magnesium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Zofran, Magnesium Citrate:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Zofran, Magnesium Citrate:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Heparin sodium injection
- Potassium chloride
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Zofran (ondansetron hydrochloride) is often used to treat nausea. Magnesium Citrate (magnesium) is often used to treat constipation. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zofran is used in:
- Magnesium citrate is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zofran alternatives:
- Magnesium citrate alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Zoloft, Heparin Sodium, Morphine Sulfate, Nitrostat, Zofran, Ibuprofen, Sudafed, Benadryl, Tamiflu, Bromfed-dm, Klor-con, Magnesium Oxide, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Sodium Chloride 0.9% In Plastic Container, Proair Hfa, Aluminum Hydroxide And Magnesium Trisilicate, Simethicone for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Depression, Heart Attack, Pain, Chest Pain, Nausea, Nasal Sinus Drainage, Itching, Flu, Cough, Potassium - Low, Magnesium - Low, Dehydration, Shortness Of Breath, Stomach Pain. The patient has Chest Pain, Rash Generalised (Rashes), Nausea, Back Pain, Respiratory Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased (Hypotension), Heart Rate Decreased, Fatigue, Cough, Dehydration
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Sorafenib, Famotidine, Influenza Vaccine, Lisinopril, Magnesium Gluconate, Multi-vitamin, Zolpidem Tartrate, Ibuprofen, Imodium, Placebo, Contrast Media, Ondansetron for a patient with Hepatic Neoplasm Malignant. The patient has Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting), Metastatic Neoplasm, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, Pneumocephalus, Platelet Count Decreased (Thrombocytopenia )
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron, Ultram, Prevacid, Metoprolol Succinate, Stool Softener, Fe, M.v.i., Revlimid, Magnesium, Aspirin, Dilaudid, Valtrex, Zocor, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Neurontin for a patient with B-cell Lymphoma. The patient has B-cell Lymphoma (Burkitt lymphoma), Death, Pneumonia, Full Blood Count Decreased, Neutrophil Count Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Dexamethasone, Clemastine, Calcium Gluconate, Lansoprazole, Potassium Magnesium Aspartate, Omeprazole, Diphenhydramine Hcl, Ondansetron, Acetaminophen, Allopurinol, Trimetazidine Dihydrochloride, Cotrim, Acyclovir, Prednisolone, Vincristine Sulfate, Doxorubicin Hcl, Tl011, Mabthera, Diclofenac Sodium, Red Blood Cells Administration, Cyclophosphamide, Trifas, Sol. Sibasoni 0.5, Thiotriazolinum 2.5% for a patient with Hypersensitivity, Prophylaxis, Hypokalaemia, Premedication, Nausea, Tumour Lysis Syndrome, Myocardial Ischaemia, Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma, Osteochondrosis, Anaemia, Oedema Peripheral, Cardiovascular Event Prophylaxis. The patient has Tumour Lysis Syndrome, Weight Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Acyclovir, Allopurinol, Potassium Magnesium Aspartate, Ondansetron, Prednisolone, Doxorubicin Hcl, Cyclophosphamide, Vincristine, Lansoprazole, Acetaminophen, Diclofenac, Red Blood Cells Administration, Trifas, Sol. Sibasoni 0.5, Thiotriazolinum 2.5%, Dexamethasone, Calcium Gluconate, Diphenhydramine Hcl, Clemastine, Omeprazole, Cotrim, Trimetazidine Dihydrochloride, Mabthera, Tl011 for a patient with Prophylaxis, Tumour Lysis Syndrome, Premedication, Osteochondrosis, Anaemia, Oedema Peripheral, Nausea, Cardiovascular Event Prophylaxis, Hypersensitivity, Hypokalaemia, Myocardial Ischaemia, Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma. The patient has Tumour Lysis Syndrome, Weight Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Citrate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Fluorouracil, Fentanyl, Megestrol Acetate, Lorazepam, Folinic Acid, Alprazolam, Ondansetron Hydrochloride, Polyethylene Glycol, Prochlorperazine, Leucovorin Calcium, Blinded Therapy, Bevacizumab, Irinotecan Hcl for a patient with Colorectal Cancer Metastatic. The patient has Enterocolitis
- A study of drug interactions between Prochlorperazine, Fluorouracil, Blinded Therapy, Leucovorin Calcium, Bevacizumab, Irinotecan Hcl, Polyethylene Glycol, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Alprazolam, Folinic Acid, Ondansetron Hydrochloride, Megestrol Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Lorazepam for a patient with Colorectal Cancer Metastatic. The patient has Enterocolitis
- A study of drug interactions between Naloxone, Nicoderm Cq, Ginkoba Biloba, Amantadine Hcl, Promethazine, Pregabalin, Docusate Sodium, Famotidine, Dextrose 50%, Tysabri, Fentanyl, Tamsulosin Hcl, Norco, Amlodipine Besylate, Tegretol, Morphine, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hcl, Baclofen, Enoxaparin, Sudafed 12 Hour, Potassium Chloride, Calcium, Tizanidine, Lidocaine 1%, Ondansetron, Metoclopramide, Vitamin B Complex Cap, Ginseng, Coq10, Acetaminophen, Polyethylene Glycol, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Hydralazine Hcl, Methylphenidate, Toradol, Mirtazapine, Magnesium Aspartate, Fish Oil, Sodium Chloride, Bisacodyl, Multi-vitamin, Zolpidem, Magnesium Hydroxide Tab, Trimethobenzamide Hcl, Glutose for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis, Pain, Urinary Retention, Hypertension, Convulsion, Hypersensitivity, Muscle Spasticity, Facial Pain, Headache, Thrombosis Prophylaxis, General Symptom, Electrolyte Substitution Therapy. The patient has Cryptococcal Fungaemia, Sinusitis, Meningitis Cryptococcal
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone Hcl, Comparator Cetuximab, Afinitor, Magnesium Gluconate, Lisinopril, Lidocaine, Spiriva, Fluconazole, Symbicort, Proventil, Senna Docusate, Mirtazapine, Zolpidem, Fluorouracil, Polyethylene Glycol, Metoprolol Tartrate, Magnesium Hydroxide Tab, Triamcinolone, Ondansetron, Potassium Chloride, Prochlorperazine, Lorazepam, Duoneb, Oxacillin, Nicotine, Placebo, Blinded No Treatment Received, Aquaphor, Eucerin for a patient with Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Head And Neck Cancer. The patient has Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased, Device Related Infection, Alanine Aminotransferase Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Lisador, Dexamethasone, Epirubicin Hydrochloride, Ondansetron, Clonazepam, Enalapril Maleate, Pidolate Magnesium, Methadone Hcl, Naproxen, Chloramphenicol, Omeprazole, Fluoxetine, Hydrochlorothizide for a patient with Nausea, Breast Cancer, Insomnia, Hypertension, Skin Lesion, Vomiting, Gastritis, Depression. The patient has Death, Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty), Confusional State
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Mirena for a 17-year old girl who has Contraception (20 seconds ago)
- Multivitamin, Children's Zyrtec Allergy, Albuterol Sulfate, Singulair, Risperidone for a 6-year old boy who has General Health, Allergies, Asthma , Asthma, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (38 minutes ago)
- Geodon for a 43-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder (44 minutes ago)
- Methadone Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman who has Chronic Pain (54 minutes ago)
- Topamax for a 29-year old woman who has Migraine (56 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse for a 38-year old woman who has ADHD (1 hour ago)
- Proventil-hfa, Methylprednisolone for a 30-year old woman who has Breathing Difficulty, Inflammation (2 hours ago)
- Gabapentin for a 45-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia (2 hours ago)
- Lecithin Phosphatidylserine, Milk Thistle, Gabapentin for a 53-year old woman who has Nervous System Disorder, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic (2 hours ago)
- Benadryl for a 6-year old girl who has Allergy (2 hours ago)