Review: Zoloft and Centrum drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Zoloft and Centrum. It is created by eHealthMe based on 4,360 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 77,890 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Centrum (latest outcomes from 8,770 users) has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in vitamin supplementation.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 4,360 people who reported to have interactions when taking Zoloft, Centrum are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride)
- Centrum (ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Zoloft, Centrum:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||707|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||550|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||484|
|Headache (pain in head)||391|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||366|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Zoloft, Centrum:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Maternal Exposure Timing Unspecified (unconfirmed use by mother)||13|
|Atrial Septal Defect (an abnormal opening between the left and right atria of the heart)||11|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||10|
|Patent Ductus Arteriosus (condition in which the ductus arteriosus does not close)||9|
|Ventricular Septal Defect (a hole in the heart, is a common heart defect that's present at birth (congenital))||9|
|Transposition Of The Great Vessels||8|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Centrum (ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e) is often used to treat vitamin supplementation. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zoloft is used in:
- Centrum is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zoloft alternatives:
- Centrum alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
I have Primary progressive MS.I don't know if a lot of my symptoms are because of where the lesions are or the medicine I take. I do know that the nick name for topamax is dopamax. I take 200 mgs a day. I am also hypoglycemic since 16. It does help with my blood sugar I will say however I have brain fog most of the time and can't remember my life. Only in pictures.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Dedicated daughter: Relief from severe stomach pain and alimta?
Father has just completed second round of maintenance chemo called Alimta. He has already been through aggressive cocktail of Avastin, Carboplatin, and Taclitaxel initially. After that, Avastin as a maintenance chemo every 3 weeks. Radiation was also given specifically to specific spine area. After ...
- By Slo: If i take garcinia cambogia will it interfere with my other meds?
I take 40 mg of Lisinopril, 20mg of Pravastatin, 5mg Amlodipine Besylate, once per day. I take 100 mg of Sertraline Hcl Tabs. (one and one half per day) I use Clobex as needed for Psoriasis on my legs. I am on oxygen 24 hours a day @3 liters. I do take nebs twice a day every 12 hours of Perf ...
- By Saff: What is the general life span for patients of acute cerebellar ataxia, after their said diagnosis?
unsteady gait and sight weakness besides forgetfulness and limb weaknesses affecting speed, writing, speech etc.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By Angela Smith: Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
- By agnesb: Heart pounding on zoloft
Have been on Zoloft for 3 weeks and have heart pounding once a week for a few hours which unable me to sleep
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin, Diazepam, Topiramate, Tramadol, Levothyroxine Sodium, Sertraline for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis, Eating Disorder, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Headache, Back Pain - Low, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Infarction Of Brain, Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder), Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Depression, Vision Problems, Cognitive Deterioration, Memory Loss, Muscle Spasms, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet (Hand or foot spasms), Seizure - Tonic-clonic (Generalized tonic-clonic seizure)
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Calcium Carbonate, CoQ10, Aspirin, Claritin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Xl, Sertraline, Methadone Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Heart Injury, Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Bone Density Increased, Seasonal Allergy, Breakthrough Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Chronic Pain. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Seasonal Allergy, Depression, Heart Injury, Herniated Intervertebral Disk (Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)), Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between None, Melatonin, D-Biotin, Centrum, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Omega - 6 Fatty Acids, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Glutamine, Magnesium Sulfate, Sertraline for a patient with None, Sleeplessness, Alopecia, Vitamin Supplementation, Cognitive Deterioration, Fasciculations Of Muscle, Depression - Major. The patient has Fasciculations Of Muscle (Muscle twitching), Tremor, Rapid Eye Movements Sleep Abnormal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.