Review: Aciphex and Xanax drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Aciphex and Xanax. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,032 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Aciphex (latest outcomes from 11,698 users) has active ingredients of rabeprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 1,032 people who reported to have interactions when taking Aciphex, Xanax are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Aciphex (rabeprazole sodium)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Aciphex, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||266|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||261|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||149|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Aciphex, Xanax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Blood Cholesterol Increased||8|
|Cholelithiasis (the presence or formation of gallstones in the gallbladder or bile ducts)||4|
|Orthostatic Hypotension (a medical condition consisting of a sudden decrease in blood pressure when a person stands up)||2|
|Delusion Nos (a false belief or opinion)||2|
|Hallucination Nos (an experience involving the perception of something not present)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Aciphex (rabeprazole sodium) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Aciphex is used in:
- Xanax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Aciphex alternatives:
- Xanax alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
have been having a high resting heart rate (over 100) and with just small amounts of physical activity it jumps high. I spent 10 minutes on the treadmill and it climbed to 180. I am 54 years old and just slightly overweight around the middle. I feel tired and weak when this happens but anxious. I can feel the pulse in my neck jumping. I've had a cardiac stress test and ultrasound and there is nothing wrong with my heart. I think it may be be one of the medications I'm on. Synthroid is most recent. Could it be that?
I experience acid issues and trouble swallowing due to anxiety. I take Xanax once a month about as needed and aciphex every day. If you take them together are there side effects.
I quick taking the prednisone approx 3 weeks ago and started Humira injections approx 2 weeks ago. for crohns disease. I have had body aches and fatigues along with a 26lb weight gain over the past 3 months. I was on high does of the steroids including via IV while in the hospital for a total of about 2 and half months of use as I weaned off of it slowly. I've noticed the breast tenderness over the past few weeks.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By Lmprn0925: I take ms contin 60 mg twice daily, yet my drug screens are coming back negative. as a result, my pain management doc refuses to order me any more pain mediciation.
I have been a pain management patient at a local pain clinic for about a year now. My medication is MS Contin that is prescribed. However, my oral swab drug screens have been coming back negative for the Morphine. So, needless to say, my doctor has cut me off of pain meds. Has anyone else had thi ...
- By cristina: I want to know what causes my asthenia
since 2012 I don`t feel like going out of home, except when I am obliged to go to work. It is getting worse.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Tonya: Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Alprazolam, Lipitor, Aciphex for a patient with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Depression, Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Acid Reflux.
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Aciphex for a patient with Anxiety, Acid Reflux.
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Vitamin C, Cymbalta, Multivitamin, Calcium Disodium Versenate, Estradiol, Aciphex, Amitiza, Fish Oil, Percocet, Ambien, Flexeril, Xanax, Treximet, Phenergan, Prednisone for a patient with Crohn's Disease, Vitamin Supplementation, Depression, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Gerd, Ibs, Chronic Insomnia, Muscle Spasms, Anxiety, Migraine, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Breast Tenderness (Breast pain), Body Aches/ Weigh Gain, Fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.