Review: Adderall 15 and Melatonin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Adderall 15 and Melatonin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 51 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Adderall 15 (latest outcomes from 297 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,545 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
On Mar, 4, 2014: 51 people who reported to have interactions when taking Adderall 15, Melatonin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Adderall 15 (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate)
- Melatonin (melatonin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Adderall 15, Melatonin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Multiple Drug Overdose||7|
|Headache (pain in head)||7|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||6|
|Injection Site Haemorrhage (bleeding from injection site)||5|
|Abdominal Pain Upper||4|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Adderall 15, Melatonin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Adderall 15 (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Melatonin (melatonin) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Adderall 15 is used in:
- Melatonin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Adderall 15 alternatives:
- Melatonin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
Has been treated on and off for many years, more than 15, for depression/anxiety mood disorders. Tried several different meds and seen several different primary docs. Came to see a psych finally and after thorough eval diagnosed as underlying ADHD undiagnosed, and depression secondary, with sleep disturbances also involved with ADHD. Started on adderall xr 30, and continued on prev therapy of wellbutrin, trazodone, melatonin advised from pcp.
currently taking half dose of adderall and 40 mg of propranolol
diarrehea since taking propranolol
I've previously been on both Adderall and Phentermine, at different times. I experienced very drastic and noticeable effectiveness. The phentermine helped with weight loss significantly and the Adderall greatly increased my energy levels, self-confidence, elevated mood, and higher concentration and brain activity. I was not on any other medications at the time, though I did need to take melatonin occasionally to help me sleep. Now, I had not been on Adderall or phentermine for about a year, but I was put on Adderall again several months ago. This was about a month after my brother died, so obviously I was experiencing (and still am) grief and depression. I was put on 40mg (twice as much as I used to be on) of Adderall in addition to seroquel XR and Lamictal. I felt like a slug all the time, I felt physically hungrier, and lethargic and apathetic. The adderall did nothing to help these symptoms. I am now on 60mg of Adderall and 37.5mg of Phentermine for weight loss and neither have shown any affectiveness, mentally or physically. My appetite is just as bad, and my brain isn't functioning fast at all. None of the affects of adderall I used to experiences, like increased energy levels, elevated mood, decreased appetite, increased brain activity, and increased self-confidence are present now, and I'm on more adderall than I was on before AND phentermine at the same time!! What's going on?? Both my ADD and weight gain are causing me to become increasingly self-conscious and depressed. Also, it doesn't help that my ridiculous amount of mood stabilizers make me apathetic and detached. I'm under 18 so I'm required to take the medications prescribed to me, but I don't know what to do or why the stimulants aren't effective anymore. HELP!!
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By gadgetmaker: Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca.. Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By meisels: Can melatonin cause precocious puberty
can the use of Melatonin to help kids (girls) fall asleep cause Precocious puberty?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By greenjaybird: Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- By LuckytobeAlive: Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
- By Nikkiney.79: Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall Xr 30 for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Adhd/depression, Adhd.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Coq10, Nabumetone, Vitamin B12, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Melatonin, Pravastatin Sodium, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Norvasc, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Adderall Xr 10 for a patient with Health Support, To Support Heart Function, Arthritis, Low Blood Test For B 12, Pulse, Sleep At Night, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Nerve Pain, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Add. The patient has Weight Loss, Body Aches, Hand Tremor, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Low Energy, Dizziness, High Pulse Rate
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Seroquel Xr, Phentermine, Sprintec, Lamictal, Adderall 30, Melatonin for a patient with Sleep Aid, Acne, Mood Stabilizer, Weight Loss, Birth Control, Add. The patient has Depersonalisation, Appetite - Increased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Apathy, Weight Gain - Unintentional (Weight increased), Fatigue, Lethargy (Fatigue), Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Mood Stabilizer (Mood swings), Overweight (Weight loss)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.