Review: Adderall and Topamax drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Adderall and Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on 293 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Adderall (latest outcomes from 16,287 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Topamax (latest outcomes from 24,399 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine.
On Feb, 26, 2014: 293 people who reported to have interactions when taking Adderall, Topamax are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Adderall (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate)
- Topamax (topiramate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Adderall, Topamax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||32|
|Headache (pain in head)||21|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||18|
|Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)||14|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Adderall, Topamax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness)||12|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||8|
|Muscle Fatigue (a condition in which muscles cannot exert their normal force)||4|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||4|
|Headache (pain in head)||4|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
- Multiple sclerosis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Adderall (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Topamax (topiramate) is often used to treat migraine. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Adderall is used in:
- Topamax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Adderall alternatives:
- Topamax alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (8 months ago):
Urge Incontinence due to Adderall
after 12 years i cannot function without amphetamines, i have become recluse and rarely leave the house.
donna p on Jul, 12, 2013:
I didn't experience neither suicidal ideation or anger on this combination of meds.
I NEED all of them.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By falcore1: Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- By kevin: I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive?
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- By BarbaraKay: Can curcumin c3 complex cause very dry mouth?
I have been takingall the above drugs since being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in 1998-99. The only variation is prednisone which I take only when I have a flare. Itook my first Curcumin C3 Complex capsule 3 days ago. 500mg. I decided to start with one a day for awhile. After a few hours I had the dry ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By LuckytobeAlive: Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
- By AlieCat: Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- By AJ47: Topomax & memory loss
I was on Topomax for approximately 12-13 years (for seizures) and have suffered severe memory loss as a result. I'd like to share some examples of my memory loss in case it can help someone else. Before I went off the drug, I had to listen to other peoples conversations to know who I was talking to. ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Adderall 30, Abilify, Cymbalta for a patient with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Urge Incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Alprazolam, Cymbalta, Topamax, Adderall for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Major Depressive Disorder Nos (Major depression), Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Prozac, Adderall, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Myofacial Pain Disorder, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Bipolar Depression, Adhd, Bpiolar.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.