Review: Advil and Dexilant drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Advil and Dexilant. It is created by eHealthMe based on 56 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Advil (latest outcomes from 21,206 users) has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain.
Dexilant (latest outcomes from 1,484 users) has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 56 people who reported to have interactions when taking Advil, Dexilant are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Advil (ibuprofen)
- Dexilant (dexlansoprazole)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Advil, Dexilant:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||20|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||13|
|Biliary Dyskinesia (motility disorder that affects the gallbladder and sphincter of oddi)||13|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||10|
|Scoliosis (a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side)||8|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Advil, Dexilant:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)||4|
|Cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle)||2|
|Red Blood Cell Count Decreased||2|
|Haematoma (collection of blood outside the blood vessels)||2|
|Cardiomegaly (increased size of heart than normal)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Advil (ibuprofen) is often used to treat headache. Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Advil is used in:
- Dexilant is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Advil alternatives:
- Dexilant alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
Post surgical medications have been given to me. My daily medications prior to surgery was Dexilant and Amitiza. Two days after surgery I have developed swelling in both legs below the knee. There is NO pain or tenderness associated to the swelling. However, I have never experienced swelling in lower limbs before and wondered if this was a side affect from taking all these medications?
I seem to have more RLS when combining promethazine, methocarbomal, and/or diphenhydramine. Is this a problem for blood clots? About to start Seasonale and all birth control pills are warning about blood clots.
deerfisherman on Dec, 23, 2012:
Benadryl is a trigger for Restless Leg s. do not take it or your legs will jump.
Switching from sertraline to cymbalta
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Joe Ryan: Can predinsone cause kidney failure
i have Pemthigud and am being treated with Prednisone 60mg daily and ibprophen for pain. I could not urinate and now have a permanent catheter, all my teeth have been pulled, my feet are swollen and I am not geting better.
- By nanamom: Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- By susan2764 : What would cause a false positive for methadone
I am testing positive for methadone that I don't take. what will cause a false positive
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Chelette: Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Amitiza, Promethazine Hydrochloride Plain, Ibuprofen, Colace, Dexilant for a patient with Post Procedural Infection, Post Surgical Pain Treatment, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Nausea, Antiinflammatory Therapy, Stool Softener Needs, Reflux Gastritis.
- A study of drug interactions between Belladonna, Methocarbamol, Dexilant, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride for a patient with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's Disease, Pain Management, Heartburn - Chronic, Sleep Aid. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Seasonal Allergy, Neuroma
- A study of drug interactions between Butalbital, Aspirin And Caffeine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Dexilant, Omeprazole, Alprazolam, Methocarbamol, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Cymbalta, Green Tea, B Complex Vitamin, Biotin for a patient with Migraine, Migraine Prophylaxis, Pain Management, Mood Stabilizer, Mood Disorder, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Muscle Spasms, Hypertension, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss, Energy Increased, Hair Disorder Nos.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.