Review: Aleve and Norvasc drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Aleve and Norvasc. It is created by eHealthMe based on 632 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Aleve (latest outcomes from 20,511 users) has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain.
Norvasc (latest outcomes from 80,391 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 632 people who reported to have interactions when taking Aleve, Norvasc are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Aleve (naproxen sodium)
- Norvasc (amlodipine besylate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Aleve, Norvasc:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||96|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||58|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||57|
|Headache (pain in head)||53|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Aleve, Norvasc:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Blood Cholesterol Increased||10|
|Cerebrovascular Accident (sudden death of some brain cells due to lack of oxygen when the blood flow to the brain is impaired by blockage or rupture)||10|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||10|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||8|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||5|
|Abdominal Pain Upper||4|
|Disturbance In Attention||3|
|Sleep Apnoea Syndrome (a sleep-related disorder in which the effort to breathe is diminished or absent)||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Back pain
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Aleve (naproxen sodium) is often used to treat pain. Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Aleve is used in:
- Norvasc is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Aleve alternatives:
- Norvasc alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (3 years ago):
blood platelet count was 106,000. No abnormal bruising or bleeding
2 weeks duration. have tried stool softeners, psilium fiber, stimulant laxative, and magnesium citrate with little result.
I haven't tried the herbals with the combination yet. Just the prescription meds & pamelor & gabapentin & xanax are new. I have bipolar 1 bad & SEVERE panic disorder,ptsd & I can't take most anti-depressants which is why I'm on older meds.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Teach 70: What are the effects of multiple drugs on chromagranin a levels?
I have been diagnosed with carcinoid cancer and had a very small tumor removed. My CgA levels have been, since my surgery, below 200. Recently, the number jumped to 2000. My doctor and I are trying to find out if any of the many drugs I take, in addition to my diabetes medications and insulin, can ...
- By lefty: Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- By ruth: Mother hears music and her siblings in her head /can't hear normal everyday talk
Church music ,her siblings talking to her in her head im not sure any of these are causing the noise she hears??
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Milton Toal: Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
- By vtway: Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- By Doris Waldhelm: Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Baby Aspirin, Aleve, Simvastatin, Allopurinol, Colcrys, Amlodipine Besylate, Diovan for a patient with Bone Density Decreased, Joint Pain, Heartburn Prevention, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Gouty Arthritis - Acute, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Thrombocytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Certirizine Hydrochloride, Naproxen Sodium for a patient with Hypertension, Tachycardia, Depression, Anxiety, Multiple Allergies, Pain. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Pamelor, Remeron, Xanax, Norvasc, L-theanine, Valeriana Officinalis, Melatonin, Prilosec, Aleve for a patient with Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Bipolar I Disorder, Panic Attack, Hypertension, Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Acid Reflux, Pain.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.