Review: taking Aleve and Xarelto together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Aleve and Xarelto together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Aleve and Xarelto. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aleve and Xarelto >>>
On Apr, 13, 2015: 7 people who take Aleve, Xarelto are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Aleve (naproxen sodium)
- Xarelto (rivaroxaban)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Thrombocytosis||n/a||Blood Urine Present||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Adverse Drug Reaction|
|Thrombosis||Urinary Tract Infection||Urinary Tract Infection|
|Tachycardia||Adverse Drug Reaction||Blood Urine Present|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Thrombocytosis||Adverse Drug Reaction|
|Urinary Tract Infection|
|Blood Urine Present|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Aleve and Xarelto?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Aleve and Xarelto
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Marijuana, Coffee, Aleve, Tylenol, Vistaril, Klonopin, Provigil, Adderall 30, Wellbutrin Sr, Viibryd, Lamictal for a 30-year old man with Malnutrition, Stress, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 49-year old man with Peripheral Vascular Disease. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Blood In Stool
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman with Semi-vegetarian, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a 60-year old man with Elbow Pain. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 89-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Aleve (naproxen sodium) is often used to treat pain. Xarelto (rivaroxaban) is often used to treat atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Aleve is used in:
- Xarelto is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Aleve alternatives:
- Xarelto alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.