Review: Ambien and Lisinopril drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Ambien and Lisinopril. It is created by eHealthMe based on 4,351 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,526 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 98,622 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 4,351 people who reported to have interactions when taking Ambien, Lisinopril are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Ambien (zolpidem tartrate)
- Lisinopril (lisinopril)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Ambien, Lisinopril:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,035|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||966|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||509|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||483|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||430|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||388|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Ambien, Lisinopril:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Amnesia (deficit in memory caused by brain damage, disease, or psychological trauma)||48|
|Somnambulism (sleep walking)||39|
|Loss Of Consciousness||12|
|Headache (pain in head)||12|
|Road Traffic Accident||11|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Heparin sodium injection
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used to treat insomnia. Lisinopril (lisinopril) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ambien is used in:
- Lisinopril is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Ambien alternatives:
- Lisinopril alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
had sciatica and an epidural shot. After the shot tremors started on left leg and now I have been diagnosed with early Parkinsons. Can the tremors be caused by a drug interaction? The tremors stopped after taking a low dose on dopamine but it makes me dizzy.
Not taking meds for mental issues mental health has berm getting worse over the past few years and is now rapidly deteriorating
Very low sperm count. Trying to raise back up
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Gmanana: What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- By brendalea787: Should i be concerned with my heart pounding really hard?
i just started taking lisinopril 4 days ago and on the first day i took it, my heart started pounding really hard but eventually went away. Now on the 4th day(today), i took it and the same thing happened. It comes and goes. So i'm not sure what the problem is, if it's a side effect or something els ...
- By hithere: Can i ake 10mg of lispinopril at 3pm th day before scheduled colonoscope that uses propfol as anesthetic?
can i take my lisinopril at 3pm the day before scheduled colonscopy using propofol as an anesthetic and do I take it at 3pm that day after thescope?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Jess: Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- By Boo Radly: Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- By Deedaa: Fibroids and prednizone
I have asthma and about once a year it needs to be treated with prednisone. I am 55 years old and my periods had stopped until I started prednizone. I have very large fibroids and also had a embolization. Once I started taking prednisone my periods returned once I stop taking it my period stop ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Ativan, Tramadol, Dopamine Hydrochloride, Coenzyme Q - 10, Zolpidem, Lisinopril, Hctz, Lovastatin, Carvedilol, Metformin for a patient with General Physical Condition, Bone Density Decreased, Anxiety, Back Pain, Parkinsonism, Heart Disease, Sleep Disorder, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ambien, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Lamictal, Diazepam, Neurontin, Percocet, Fentanyl, Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Epilepsy, Anxiety Disorder, Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Spinal Cord Injury. The patient has Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Depression Aggravated, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (Sleep disorder), Chronic Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem Tartrate, Carisoprodol, Colestipol Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Protonix, Lyrica, Carvedilol, Lisinopril for a patient with Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Ibs, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Gerd, Angina, Hypertension. The patient has Sperm Count Decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.