Review: Amitiza and Probiotic
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Amitiza and Probiotic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amitiza and Probiotic >>>
What are the drugs
Amitiza (latest outcomes from 1,828 users) has active ingredients of lubiprostone. It is often used in constipation.
Probiotic (latest outcomes from 721 users) has active ingredients of bacillus coagulans. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 1 people who take Amitiza, Probiotic is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Amitiza (lubiprostone)
- Probiotic (bacillus coagulans)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Amitiza and Probiotic?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Amitiza and Probiotic
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amitiza and Probiotic
- support group for people who take Amitiza
- support group for people who take Probiotic
Latest outcomes in real world:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- Could oxicotin and cardiopa make a fungal hypomobilic colon?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Gastric Disorder, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Parkinsonism, Major Depression, and takes Amitiza, Oxytocin)
47 year old female, obese, 2008 Mayo diagnosed functional vomitting,, moderate gastric delay.M. tric delay.2009 sarcoidoisis (actively) diagnosed JUNE2013 : INTENSE ABDOMINAL PAIN follows ingesting meals, amitista ineffective. KUB TEST results Reveal colon hypomobility. Cannot eat meals,
- What should i do to relieve the flushing symptoms?
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Parkinson's--tremor, Stiffnes, Swallowing, Hoarseness, Small Fiber Neuropathy, Skin Blushing/flushing, Diet - Constipation, IBS, GERD, Cold Intolerance, Spinal Column Stenosis--pain In Arms,"needles" In Feet, and takes Lyrica, Epa (eicosapentaenoic Acid), Vitamin B12, Losartan Potassium, Benadryl, Norvasc, Vitamin C, Aspirin, Fentanyl-12, Omeprazole, Amitiza)
Was diagnosed with Parkinson's in March 2013. My doctor has prescribed sinemet, which I have tried 3 times, but during each,I have experienced periods of flushing, agitation, and restless legs--to the point of feeling truly ill. He doesn't believe that there is a cause and effect relationship bet ...
- I've been coughing a lot and have been on amitiza about 2 months. at first i thought it was an infection of some sort, but now i'm starting to think it's from amitiza. anyone have this?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has IBS, Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, and takes Amitiza)
I started Amitiza about 2 months ago. I had a cold about a month ago and then a few weekweekss ago I started coughing. At first I thought it was an infection, but after researching Amitiza, I'm starting to think it's from that. I'm going to stop taking to see if it helps, but does anyone have this p ...
- What drugs, probiotics or whole food vitamins affect the effectiveness of junel birth control
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who takes Clonazepam, Bacillus Probiotics, Multivitamin)
0.5 mg once per day of clonazepam. I take probiotics geared for womens vaginal/urinary health. I'm taking green source whole food multivitamins.
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Amitiza (lubiprostone) is often used to treat constipation. Probiotic (bacillus coagulans) is often used to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Amitiza is used in:
- Probiotic is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Amitiza alternatives:
- Probiotic alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Pepcid Complete for a patient with Cold Symptoms, Lead Levels - Blood, Health, Gerd. The patient has Itching
Comments: Comes and goes. Arms and legs.
- A study of side effects of Probiotic for a patient with Abdominal Discomfort. The patient has Missed Periods (skipped menstrual cycle)
Comments: I was supposed to start my period a week Ago. I've been taking this pill for about 2 and a half weeks and im usually only a few days late every time. I think it's the pill. I have not had any unprotected sex.
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Probiotic, Symbicort, Welchol, Crestor, Coreg Cr for a patient with Heart Disease, Ischemic Bowel, Copd, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: started losing hair about 3 months after starting Symbicort
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Probiotic, Lipitor, Diovan Hct, Synthroid for a patient with Health Maintenance Visit, Lower Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Night Sweats, Testicular Mass
Comments: Testiculal mass just felt. Has not been medically evaluated yet. Also night time sweats has not been medically evaluated yet.
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, Vitamin D, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Synthroid for a patient with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Vitamin D Decreased, Pelvic Discomfort, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Chronic Low Back, Low Thyroid. The patient has Degenerative Joint Disease, Scoliosis, Anal Stenosis, Arthritis
Comments: five weeks ago I received Botox injections for my chronic low back pain....now I can hardly stand up straight and walk...the chiropractor says that my pelvis is now severely tipped...this has just happened since the Botox injection s
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.