Review: Amlodipine and Carvedilol drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Amlodipine and Carvedilol. It is created by eHealthMe based on 3,592 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Amlodipine (latest outcomes from 46,264 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Carvedilol (latest outcomes from 18,071 users) has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Feb, 26, 2014: 3,592 people who reported to have interactions when taking Amlodipine, Carvedilol are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Amlodipine (amlodipine besylate)
- Carvedilol (carvedilol)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Amlodipine, Carvedilol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||688|
|Renal Failure (kidney dysfunction)||489|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||308|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||297|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||271|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||250|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Amlodipine, Carvedilol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Blood Creatinine Increased||15|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||15|
|Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease)||12|
|Skin Disorder (skin disease)||12|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging
- Cardiac disorder
- Blood cholesterol increased
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Amlodipine (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Carvedilol (carvedilol) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Amlodipine is used in:
- Carvedilol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Amlodipine alternatives:
- Carvedilol alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
Want to make sure I can take these 2 medications at once
The clopidogrel, carvedilol, atorvastatin, asprin and ramipril were given as a drugs package after the stent was fitted.
The ramipril was too effective, causing very low blood pressure, so was replaced by amlodipine
will any these come up positive
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By lefty: Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- By ruth: Mother hears music and her siblings in her head /can't hear normal everyday talk
Church music ,her siblings talking to her in her head im not sure any of these are causing the noise she hears??
- By Slo: If i take garcinia cambogia will it interfere with my other meds?
I take 40 mg of Lisinopril, 20mg of Pravastatin, 5mg Amlodipine Besylate, once per day. I take 100 mg of Sertraline Hcl Tabs. (one and one half per day) I use Clobex as needed for Psoriasis on my legs. I am on oxygen 24 hours a day @3 liters. I do take nebs twice a day every 12 hours of Perf ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Jess: Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- By Milton Toal: Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
- By vtway: Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Hypertension.
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Esomeprazole Sodium, Atorvastatin Calcium, Carvedilol, Clopidogrel, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Drug Given After Stent Fitted To Rt Coron. Artery, Stomach Ulcers Due To Asprin Given After Stent Fitted, Thyroid Removed Due To Cancer.
- A study of drug interactions between Vicks Formula 44, Sudafed, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, K-Effervescent, Omeprazole, Indomethacin, Amlodipine, Carvedilol, Alavert, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Furosemide for a patient with Stuffy Nose, Nasal Allergies, Allergic Sinusitis, Antacid Pain Reliever, Acid Reflux, Gout, Kidney Failure - Chronic Blockage, Blood Pressure Decreased, Allergy, Cholestasis, Blood Pressure, Lung Water. The patient has Cold-stimulus Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.