Review: Aspirin and Morphine drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Aspirin and Morphine. It is created by eHealthMe based on 3,906 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Aspirin (latest outcomes from 164,096 users) has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots.
Morphine (latest outcomes from 49,668 users) has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 3,906 people who reported to have interactions when taking Aspirin, Morphine are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Aspirin (aspirin)
- Morphine (morphine sulfate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Aspirin, Morphine:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,026|
|Renal Failure (kidney dysfunction)||701|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||497|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||434|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||408|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Aspirin, Morphine:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Neutropenia (an abnormally low number of neutrophils)||14|
|Decreased Appetite (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat)||10|
|Platelet Count Decreased||10|
|White Blood Cell Count Increased||5|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Heparin sodium injection
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Aspirin (aspirin) is often used to treat blood clots. Morphine (morphine sulfate) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Aspirin is used in:
- Morphine is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Aspirin alternatives:
- Morphine alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
combination causes extreme fatigue and nausea
can requip cause respiratory arrest and muscle ridgidity?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Curious: When is the best time of day to take a baby aspirin for a male or female over 65?
I have read that the best time of day to take a Baby Aspirin to prevent a heart attack or stroke is at night. However, not all the studies agree that the time of day matters. According to your own physician, what time of day is considered the best to receive the optimum benefits?
- By lefty: Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- By Wayne: I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Boo Radly: Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- By snoozy: Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- By Milton Toal: Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Calcium Carbonate, CoQ10, Aspirin, Claritin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Xl, Sertraline, Methadone Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Heart Injury, Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Bone Density Increased, Seasonal Allergy, Breakthrough Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Chronic Pain. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Seasonal Allergy, Depression, Heart Injury, Herniated Intervertebral Disk (Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)), Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Buprenorphine Hydrochloride, Alendronate Sodium, MS Contin, Bisacodyl, Digoxin, Furosemide, Aspirin, Potassium Chloride, Lopressor, Prevacid, Paracetamol, Prednisone for a patient with Pain, Extraskeletal Ossification, Pain Management, Constipation, Cardiac Ablation, Diuretic Effect, Cardiac, Electrolyte Imbalance, Cardiac Disorder, Stomach Discomfort.
- A study of drug interactions between Labetalol Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Morphine Sulfate, Dexilant, Cymbalta, Zonisamide, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Lovaza, Metformin Hydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Flonase, Flovent, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Zofran Odt, Reglan, Lidoderm for a patient with Arrythmia, Back Pain, Back Pain - Low, Gerd, Depression, Nerve Root Compression, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Coronary Artery Dilatation, Familial Hypertriglyceridaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Sinus Pain, Esophogeal Inflammation, Sinus Infection, Nausea And Vomiting, Diabetic Gastroparesis. The patient has Requip, Penicillin, Lamictal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.