Review: Atripla and Grapefruit
Summary: there is no drug interactions reported by people who take Atripla and Grapefruit together yet.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Atripla and Grapefruit. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atripla and Grapefruit >>>
What are the drugs
Atripla (latest outcomes from 1,910 users) has active ingredients of efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection.
Grapefruit (latest outcomes from 85 users) has active ingredients of grapefruit.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 0 people who take Atripla, Grapefruit is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Atripla (efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate)
- Grapefruit (grapefruit)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Atripla and Grapefruit?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Atripla and Grapefruit
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atripla and Grapefruit
- support group for people who take Atripla
- support group for people who take Grapefruit
Latest outcomes in real world:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Tomo atripla hace año y medio puedo tomar espirulina o clorofila liquida?
(Asked by a 27 year old man who takes Atripla)
'm taking atripla since February 2013 my cd4 is 590 hp and is undetectable I want to know if my power combo can take spirulina tablets and / or liquid chlorophyll because I read that help strengthen the immune system and provide vitamins that are affected by HIV. in short there is any likelihood tha ...
- Tomo atripla hace año y medio puedo tomar espirulina o clorofila liquida???
(Asked by a 27 year old man who takes Atripla)
estoy tomando atripla desde febrero de 2013 mi cd4 es de 590 y cv es indetectable me interesa saber si combinado a mi alimentación puedo tomar comprimidos de alga espirulina y/o clorofila liquida ya que he leído que ayudan a reforzar el sistema inmunológico y aportan vitaminas que son afectadas p ...
- Hypothyroid and herbal supplements
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Garcinia Cambogia, Green Tea Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, African Mango, Pyruvate, Ginseng, Panax, Chromium, Beta-alanine, Capsicum)
hello, does anyone know if any/all of the above can be harmful if suffer from hypothyroidism? All these are part of one weight loss supplement which I would look to try but I am concerned if there may be any adverse effects
- May i take viagra while taking atripla?
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Erectile Disfunction, and takes Atripla)
I have been taking duovir 6 months now and my doc decided to change me to atripla, I will start taking it today. May I take viagra while in atripla treatment? If yes what should be the safe viagra dose and how often should I take?
- Can u take both efavirenz and raltegravir everyday for hiv infection?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Hiv Infection, and takes Efavirenz; Emtricitabine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate)
i am wondering how good is to reduce viral load and increase cd4 count if the hiv patient swallows or intakes a pill of efavirenz and a pill of raltegravir everyday? This is something i havent found any information in many hiv data pages i have checked. Does anybody know if this combo of Efavirenz + ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Atripla burning sensation in throat
(Posted by a 52 year old man who has Throat Burning Sensation, and takes Atripla)
When I take Atripla and inadvertently chew it or hold it in my mouth too long so that the enteric coating dissolves, it causes a noticeable burning sensation in my throat when I swallow it. The sensation lasts for an hour or so before fading away.
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Atripla (efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) is often used to treat hiv infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Atripla is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Atripla alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Atripla for a patient with Hiv Peripheral Neuropathy. The patient has Musculoskeletal Discomfort (discomfort in the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves)
Comments: Joint bone and muscle pain - diagnosed with ME/CFS
- A study of drug interactions between Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis,lupus,vasculitis, need to use walker, legs weak and clumsey-can do very little in house,difficult to walk even with walker
- A study of side effects of Atripla for a patient with HIV. The patient has Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
Comments: no painful urination, recent urine specimen revealed protein in urine (sign of infection?). I had a urinary tract infection, it was treated & resolved (to my knowledge). I don't drink alcohol, at all, or smoke. I do not take any OTC meds.
- A study of drug interactions between Complera, Efavirenz; Emtricitabine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Lamivudine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Efavirenz/lamivudine/tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate for a patient with Myositis, Chronic Kidney Disease. The patient has Myositis, Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Chronic Kidney Disease
Comments: I was prescribed tenofovir since 2006 in many of the combination medications for hIV treatment. doctors did not inform me of the risks. In May of 2014 I was diagnosed with CKD 3. Tis wen un checks all theses years. I was taken off Atripla "to see if my leg pain would go away" and restarted 3 months ...
- A study of side effects of Atripla for a patient with HIV. The patient has Eye Burning - Itching And Discharge
Comments: osteroporosis at S4 and S5
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.