Review: Baclofen and Wellbutrin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Baclofen and Wellbutrin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 879 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Baclofen (latest outcomes from 21,050 users) has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms.
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,525 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 879 people who reported to have interactions when taking Baclofen, Wellbutrin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Baclofen (baclofen)
- Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Baclofen, Wellbutrin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||166|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||122|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||89|
|Headache (pain in head)||76|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Baclofen, Wellbutrin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||2|
|Headache (pain in head)||2|
|Grand Mal Convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain)||2|
|Lack Of Interest In Living Life||1|
|Lack Of Interest In Every Day Hygiene||1|
|Think About Idea To Be Dead||1|
|Lose Desire To Live||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle spasms
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Baclofen (baclofen) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Baclofen is used in:
- Wellbutrin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Baclofen alternatives:
- Wellbutrin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
Discomfort went from front lower left rib cage to back below left shoulder. No other ailments. Pain comes and goes. Nothing sets it off or makes it feel better.
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
I was wondering if all of these together could have an adverse effect on my liver?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is there drug interaction between bactrim and garcinia cambogia
Curious about garcinia cambogia interacting with any other drugs
- Can anything be done to prevent hair loss due to medication
Hi, I have lost about 50 per cent of hair volume and having checked, a number of the medications I take can cause hair loss - is there anything I can do to stop my hair thinning please? (I need to keep taking the medications so can't 'stop'them. I know that in the past my ferritin levels have been l ...
- Do you see any relationship between insomnia and dehydration?
I cannot fall asleep. Sometimes it takes several hours (4-5). I have been taking Amitriptyline 10 mg for almost a year which helped tremendously and lately has not helped at all.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Side effects of ziban after head trauma
I was prescribed Zyban to help me stop smoking, three months after taking this medication I was taken very ill, I woke up in the morning feeling like another person, I had everything from altered perception, total balance frailer, above & below double vision. I could not get out of bed for three wee ...
- Skin burning sensation with delsym
I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Sudafed every 4-6 hours for congestion for the past couple of days. I also take wellbutrin SR daily as an antidepressant. I started taking the suspension formula of Delsym 12 hour release about 24 hours previously (so I had already had two doses ...
- Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Topiramate, Wellbutrin Xl, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Acetaminophen, Caffeine, And Dihydrocodeine Bitartrate for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Lower Cholesterol, Migrainous Neuralgia, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Muscle Strain. The patient has Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Bad Breath (Breath odor), Dry Mouth, Nasal Congestion, Chronic Sinusitis (Sinusitis - chronic), Meniere's Disease Aggravated, Dizziness, Insomnia, Overactive Bladder (Urge incontinence), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Oily Skin, Constipation, Acne Cystic, Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vicodin, Baclofen for a patient with Quit Smoking, Kidney Stones, Pain - Shoulder. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.