Review: taking Bactrim and Bacitracin together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Bactrim and Bacitracin together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Bactrim and Bacitracin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim and Bacitracin >>>
On Apr, 25, 2015: 61 people who take Bactrim, Bacitracin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim)
- Bacitracin (bacitracin)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Blood Bilirubin Increased||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Nausea|
|Pneumonia Respiratory Syncytial Viral||Mental Status Changes|
|Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome||Mycosis Fungoides|
|Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|T-cell Lymphoma||Mental Status Changes|
|Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus||Depressed Level Of Consciousness|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Pyrexia||Angioedema||Hypotension||Nausea||Pruritus||Emotional Distress||Thrombocytopenia||Mental Status Changes|
|Atelectasis||Macroglossia||Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome||Pyrexia||T-cell Lymphoma||Pain||Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis||Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage|
|Agitation||Abdominal Pain||Pneumonia Respiratory Syncytial Viral||Abdominal Pain Upper||Alopecia||Stress||Stevens Johnson Syndrome||Aspergillosis|
|Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion||Renal Failure Acute||Pneumonitis||Pain Nos||Nausea||Fear||Nocardiosis|
|Bradycardia Nos||Sepsis||Hypernatraemia||Myalgia||Mycosis Fungoides||Anxiety||Renal Tubular Necrosis|
|Cardiac Murmur Nos||Upper Airway Obstruction||Blood Bilirubin Increased||Migraine Nos||Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus||Blindness||Respiratory Failure|
|Vomiting Nos||Caecitis||Staphylococcal Bacteraemia||Lung Transplant||Hypovitaminosis||Memory Impairment||Small Intestinal Obstruction|
|Ureteric Obstruction||Hypertension||Pancytopenia||Asthenia||Injury||Depression||Renal Failure|
|Ureteric Dilatation||Pancreatitis||Neutropenic Infection||Pneumonia Nos||Subcutaneous Abscess||Sleep Apnoea Syndrome||Thrombocytopenia|
|Hydronephrosis||Tumour Lysis Syndrome||Diarrhoea||Vomiting Nos||Lichenoid Keratosis||Quality Of Life Decreased||Depression|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Bactrim and Bacitracin on
Do you take Bactrim and Bacitracin?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Bactrim and Bacitracin
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Triglide, Bactrim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Plavix, Mirapex for a 58-year old woman with Insomnia, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sinusitis, Diastolic Dysfunction, Tia, Rls. The patient has Nausea, Headache, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Body Temperature Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Bactrim for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesion. The patient has Skin Rash, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 35-year old woman with Infection - Ear. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 61-year old woman with Uti. The patient has Cough
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Bactrim alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.