Review: Dexilant and Benicar Hct
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Dexilant and Benicar Hct. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexilant and Benicar Hct >>>
What are the drugs
Dexilant (latest outcomes from 1,535 users) has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Benicar hct (latest outcomes from 620 users) has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 2 people who take Dexilant, Benicar Hct are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Dexilant (dexlansoprazole)
- Benicar Hct (hydrochlorothiazide; olmesartan medoxomil)
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Dexilant is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
|Benicar Hct is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||50.00%|
(1 of 2 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
|Dexilant is effective||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
|Benicar Hct is effective||50.00%|
(1 of 2 people)
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
|Dexilant is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
|Benicar Hct is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
(0 of 1 people)
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Dexilant and Benicar Hct?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Dexilant and Benicar Hct
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexilant and Benicar Hct
- support group for people who take Benicar Hct
- support group for people who take Dexilant
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Have been on dexilant for 5 months, have diarhea the last 3 months. can any one tell me that if i stop taking this my problem will go away or do i have amore serious problem now
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Gastritus, and takes Dexilant)
Dr. tells me that dexilant shouldn,t be the cause of my diarhea, yet every thing I see here says it is. She just gave me a prescription for 90 days. Am worried about useing this. Has anyone just stopped use of it with no problems?
- Dexilant and hair loss
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has GE Reflux, and takes Dexilant)
About three months after starting Dexilant I have noticed hair loss/ shedding type symptoms. I am not taking any other new medications. I plan to discuss this with my doctor. I don't think I am anemic or have any other medical condition that would cause this. Hair loss is not listed as a side effect ...
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Do Not Urinate Much In Evening, Have To Urinate 3 Or 4 Times At Night, and takes Methocarbamol And Aspirin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Ramipril, Amlodipine, Dexilant )
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc. drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test. seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer. when I ...
- Can gastric non-hodgkins malt lymphoma be cured by radiation treatments
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Gastric Non-Hodgkins MALT Lymphoma, and takes Dexilant)
I would like to connect with anyone who has this same diagnosis. Want to compare notes on treatment and prognosis.
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heat stroke while working in yard.
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Heat Stroke Preceded By Extreme Dizziness., and takes Benicar Hct)
I am taking Benicar 40 mg and separately, Hct. I was working in the yard in the evening, temp about 84 degrees, high humidity. Did not feel hot, but suddenly felt very dizzy and had to lay down. The condition got worse, I started vomiting, so my wife called 911 and the ambulance took me to the hosp ...
- Possible link between taking benicar hct and developing gynecomastia
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Gynecomastia, and takes Benicar Hct)
I started taking Benicar HCT several years ago for my hypertension. Shortly after starting on the Benicar HCT, I developed gynecomastia in one breast and then the other. My doctor did not think the two events were related. So, I kept taking the Benicar HCT for several years and my Gynecomastia prob ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Benicar Hct (hydrochlorothiazide; olmesartan medoxomil) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Dexilant is used in:
- Benicar hct is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Dexilant alternatives:
- Benicar hct alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a patient with Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: SEVERE CHRONIC DRY MOUTH AND EYES STARTED 4 MONTHS AGO NOT SURE IF MEDICATION RELATED. BEEN ON SOME OF THEM FOR 6 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
- A study of side effects of Dexilant for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Fever Blister (intraoral hsv stomatitis)
Comments: very severe like i have 8 blisters on top lip and 4 on bottom lip
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a patient with Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, Gerd, Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: irritability and lack of patience with myself
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Valacyclovir, Revlimid, Dexilant for a patient with Shingles, Amyloidosis, Acid Reflux. The patient has Abdominal Cramps
Comments: After one pill of Dexilant 60 mg, I experienced bad abdominal cramps. I took it for a week and had bad cramps every day. I stopped taking it and the cramps disappeared within one day.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.