Review: Dexilant and Benicar Hct
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Dexilant and Benicar Hct. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexilant and Benicar Hct >>>
What are the drugs
Dexilant (latest outcomes from 1,533 users) has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Benicar hct (latest outcomes from 618 users) has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 2 people who take Dexilant, Benicar Hct are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Dexilant (dexlansoprazole)
- Benicar Hct (hydrochlorothiazide; olmesartan medoxomil)
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Dexilant is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
|Benicar Hct is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||50.00%|
(1 of 2 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
|Dexilant is effective||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
|Benicar Hct is effective||50.00%|
(1 of 2 people)
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
|Dexilant is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
|Benicar Hct is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
(0 of 1 people)
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Dexilant and Benicar Hct?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Dexilant and Benicar Hct
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexilant and Benicar Hct
- support group for people who take Benicar Hct
- support group for people who take Dexilant
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Have been on dexilant for 5 months, have diarhea the last 3 months. can any one tell me that if i stop taking this my problem will go away or do i have amore serious problem now
Dr. tells me that dexilant shouldn,t be the cause of my diarhea, yet every thing I see here says it is. She just gave me a prescription for 90 days. Am worried about useing this. Has anyone just stopped use of it with no problems?
- Dexilant and hair loss
About three months after starting Dexilant I have noticed hair loss/ shedding type symptoms. I am not taking any other new medications. I plan to discuss this with my doctor. I don't think I am anemic or have any other medical condition that would cause this. Hair loss is not listed as a side effect ...
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc. drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test. seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer. when I ...
- Can gastric non-hodgkins malt lymphoma be cured by radiation treatments
I would like to connect with anyone who has this same diagnosis. Want to compare notes on treatment and prognosis.
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- I take ms contin 60 mg twice daily, yet my drug screens are coming back negative. as a result, my pain management doc refuses to order me any more pain mediciation.
I have been a pain management patient at a local pain clinic for about a year now. My medication is MS Contin that is prescribed. However, my oral swab drug screens have been coming back negative for the Morphine. So, needless to say, my doctor has cut me off of pain meds. Has anyone else had thi ...
- Benicar hct and high blood glucose.
I am a type 2 diabetic who has been successfully managing my condition. I began taking Benicar HCT about 2 and a half months ago. My blood pressure has been lowered to normal levels but my blood glucose tests have sky rocketed. I am taking only amaryl. What changes in medication did your doctor ...
- How do i know if its hypothyroid or synthroid increasing triglycerides ?
6 months ago,diagnosed with hypothyroid. Started 25 mcg generic synthroid Now,labs show I need to increase synthroid , Maybe it was the generic So I changed to non generic. Also,triglycerides tripled.in only 6 months. They have always been normal,
- Can prolia cause side effects to tkr?
I had total knee replacements for both knees in 2011. The left knee turned out fair but the right never gave me any relief. In 2012 I was put on Remicade which helped my RA a great deal. Then a couple months ago I was given Prolia injection for my Osteoporosis. Two days later I experienced a lot of ...
- I began taking clonazepam two days ago and now i have some rectal bleeding
I have been suffering with stomach disorders for the past four years.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heat stroke while working in yard.
I am taking Benicar 40 mg and separately, Hct. I was working in the yard in the evening, temp about 84 degrees, high humidity. Did not feel hot, but suddenly felt very dizzy and had to lay down. The condition got worse, I started vomiting, so my wife called 911 and the ambulance took me to the hosp ...
- Possible link between taking benicar hct and developing gynecomastia
I started taking Benicar HCT several years ago for my hypertension. Shortly after starting on the Benicar HCT, I developed gynecomastia in one breast and then the other. My doctor did not think the two events were related. So, I kept taking the Benicar HCT for several years and my Gynecomastia prob ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Benicar Hct (hydrochlorothiazide; olmesartan medoxomil) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Dexilant is used in:
- Benicar hct is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Dexilant alternatives:
- Benicar hct alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Simponi, Xyzal, Amitiza, Benicar Hct, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Dexilant, Albuterol Sulfate, Mobic, Nuvigil, Singulair, Spiriva, Synthroid, Ergocalciferol, Xanax, Zanaflex for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Allergic Sinusitis, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Acid Reflux, Asthma, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Fatigue, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome.
- A study of drug interactions between Kapidex, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Benicar Hct, Catapres, Lipitor for a patient with Gerd, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sucralfate, Dexilant for a 13-year old girl who has Stomach Pain
- Comparions of Benicar Hct, Avalide, Atacand Hct for a 53-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Benicar Hct, Candesartan Cilexetil; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 53-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Nexium, Pantoprazole, Omeprazole, Benicar Hct for a 55-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Dexilant, Zantac 150 for a 40-year old woman who has Gastritis
- Comparions of Benicar Hct, Cardizem, Lipitor for a 85-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Telmisartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Benicar Hct for a 54-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Dexilant, Celexa for a 58-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Nexium, Dexilant for a 21-year old woman who has Gastroparesis
- Comparions of Prevacid, Omeprazole, Esomeprazole Sodium, Dexilant for a 39-year old man who has GERD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.