Review: Biaxin and NyQuil
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Biaxin and NyQuil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Biaxin and NyQuil >>>
What are the drugs
Biaxin (latest outcomes from 9,918 users) has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Nyquil (latest outcomes from 1,133 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine. It is often used in cough.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 11 people who take Biaxin, NyQuil are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Biaxin (clarithromycin)
- NyQuil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Acute Pulmonary Oedema|
|Mucous Membrane Disorder Nos|
|Dry Eye Nec|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Mucous Membrane Disorder Nos||Acute Pulmonary Oedema|
|Dry Mouth||Accidental Poisoning|
|Dry Eye Nec||Sleep Apnoea Syndrome|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis||Pain|
|Pulmonary Embolism||Disturbance In Attention|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Dry Mouth||n/a||n/a||Cardiac Failure|
|Mucous Membrane Disorder Nos||Serotonin Syndrome|
|Thirst||Acute Pulmonary Oedema|
|Dry Eye Nec||Accidental Poisoning|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Biaxin and NyQuil?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Biaxin and NyQuil
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biaxin and NyQuil
- support group for people who take Biaxin
- support group for people who take NyQuil
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am allergic to erythromicyan my doctor gave me clarithromycain she knew this but said try them, am scared what should i do
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bronchiectasis, and takes Clarithromycin)
am allergic to Erythromycin and was given Clarthromycin by my doctor who knows my history, when I questioned her she said try it but I am to scared
- What would cause a false positive for methadone
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, and takes Gabapentin, Percocet, Lasix, Clonidine, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Norvasc, Topiramate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan, Metoprolol Tartrate, Motrin, Motrin Migraine Pain, Tylenol, NyQuil)
I am testing positive for methadone that I don't take. what will cause a false positive
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Extreme Weight Loss, Heartburn, Flucuating Appetite, Ainexty, Phobias, Depression, and takes Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Hydroxyzine, Lansoprazole)
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or ha ...
- I took too much nyquil and my heart rate has raised. how long does this last?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Depressed Mood, Anxiety And Stress, and takes NyQuil, Unisom)
My boyfriend of two years and I broke up. I freak out took quite a bit of nyquil to sleep and also one Unison sleeping pill. This was around six PM. I also hadn't slept AT ALL the night before. Then at ten pm he shows up with friends and family to help him move his stuff out. I freaked out even wors ...
- I had blepharoplasty this morning. can i take nyquil tonight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who takes Nyquil)
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Clarithromycin hallucinations and nightmares.
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Mucosal Inflammation, and takes Clarithromycin)
Auditory hallucinations, nightmares and delirium more so at night.
- Clarithromycin and vision
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Sinusitis Bacterial, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection,, and takes Clarithromycin)
Within hour of taking first dose, flashing phenomena commenced in both eyes. Plus ringing in the ears. Continued to worsen over 60 minutes. Then disappeared but onset of severe headache, which has continued. I have in history of migraine. 12 hours later, have sore eyes and neck (similar to with ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Biaxin (clarithromycin) is often used to treat sinusitis. Nyquil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Biaxin is used in:
- Nyquil is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Biaxin alternatives:
- Nyquil alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a patient with Common Cold. The patient has Burning Eyes
Comments: Itching burning hot eyelids
- A study of drug interactions between Rifampin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Clarithromycin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive. The patient has Headache, Weight Gain - Unintentional
Comments: • chronic fatigue • daily constant headache • continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!) • weight gain • bloating of tummy area and waistline • swollen and tender breasts (at sides) • severe acid reflux • tingling / burning sensation in my fee ...
- A study of side effects of Clarithromycin for a patient with Pneumonia Mycoplasmal. The patient has Fever
Comments: Soares in mouth and lips
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Prednisone, Famotidine, Clarithromycin for a patient with Lung Disorder. The patient has Chest Discomfort
Comments: Albuterol was prescribed 4x a day. Discontinued use as Advir was recommended. I did not rake any of the doses. Last dose of albuterol was at 11:00 AM Should I go to the ER
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin, Nexium for a patient with Helicobacter Pylori Identification Test Positive. The patient has Elevated Mood
Comments: ALP level 136 IU
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.