Review: taking Biaxin and NyQuil together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Biaxin and NyQuil together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Biaxin and NyQuil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Biaxin and NyQuil >>>
On Mar, 31, 2015: 11 people who take Biaxin, NyQuil are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Biaxin (clarithromycin)
- NyQuil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Acute Pulmonary Oedema|
|Mucous Membrane Disorder Nos|
|Dry Eye Nec|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Mucous Membrane Disorder Nos||Acute Pulmonary Oedema|
|Dry Mouth||Accidental Poisoning|
|Dry Eye Nec||Sleep Apnoea Syndrome|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis||Pain|
|Pulmonary Embolism||Disturbance In Attention|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Dry Mouth||n/a||n/a||Cardiac Failure|
|Mucous Membrane Disorder Nos||Serotonin Syndrome|
|Thirst||Acute Pulmonary Oedema|
|Dry Eye Nec||Accidental Poisoning|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Biaxin and NyQuil on
Do you take Biaxin and NyQuil?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Biaxin and NyQuil
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a 46-year old woman with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper. The patient has Hypothyroidism
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a 39-year old woman with Flu. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Nyquil for a 47-year old woman with Sleep Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a 16-year old boy with Influenza. The patient has Panic Attack
- A study of drug interactions between Epsom Salts, Clarithromycin, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 61-year old man with Alcohol Detoxification, Infection, Depression. The patient has Impaired Memory
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Biaxin (clarithromycin) is often used to treat sinusitis. Nyquil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat the flu. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Biaxin is used in:
- Nyquil is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Biaxin alternatives:
- Nyquil alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.