Review: Biaxin and Zanaflex
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Biaxin and Zanaflex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 86 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Biaxin and Zanaflex >>>
What are the drugs
Biaxin (latest outcomes from 9,918 users) has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Zanaflex (latest outcomes from 7,302 users) has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
On Nov, 24, 2014: 86 people who take Biaxin, Zanaflex are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Biaxin (clarithromycin)
- Zanaflex (tizanidine hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Drug Screen Positive||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Depression|
|Cardio-respiratory Arrest||Drug Dependence|
|Loss Of Consciousness||Anxiety|
|Femur Fracture||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
|Altered State Of Consciousness||Back Pain|
|Drug Level Increased||Constipation|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Depression|
|Hypotension||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
|Oedema Peripheral||Weight Decreased|
|Nervous System Disorder||Back Pain|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Orthopnoea||n/a||Respiratory Distress||Overdose||Depression||Drug Dependence||Cardiac Failure Congestive||Chest Pain|
|Nervous System Disorder||Rhabdomyolysis||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Insomnia||Depression||Pain||Myocardial Infarction|
|Pancreatitis Acute||Sepsis Nos||Pancreatitis||Obesity||Hypoaesthesia||Pulmonary Hypertension||Back Pain|
|Pneumonia||Tachycardia Nos||Pancreatitis Acute||Sleep Apnoea Syndrome||Drug Ineffective||Retinal Detachment||Disorientation|
|Tremor||Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased||Migraine||Hypertension||Weight Decreased||Oedema Peripheral||Coronary Artery Stenosis|
|Renal Impairment||Oxygen Saturation Decreased||Myocardial Infarction||Anxiety||Diabetic Retinopathy||Mitral Valve Incompetence|
|Hypotension||Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation||Diabetic Ketoacidosis||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Muscle Contractions Involuntary||Blood Triglycerides Increased|
|Hyponatraemia||Hypotension||Anxiety Disorder||Fatigue||Muscle Spasms||Pain|
|Bradycardia||Haemorrhage Nos||Gastroenteritis Viral||Hyponatraemia||Blood Pressure Increased||Fall|
|Cholecystitis Chronic||Hyperpyrexia||Vomiting Nos||Constipation||Drug Specific Antibody Present||Hypertension|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Biaxin and Zanaflex?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Biaxin and Zanaflex
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biaxin and Zanaflex
- support group for people who take Biaxin
- support group for people who take Zanaflex
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am allergic to erythromicyan my doctor gave me clarithromycain she knew this but said try them, am scared what should i do
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bronchiectasis, and takes Clarithromycin)
am allergic to Erythromycin and was given Clarthromycin by my doctor who knows my history, when I questioned her she said try it but I am to scared
- Ive been taking zanaflex 4 mg for a year and my dr added wellbutrin. i take them both at night then take another 4 mg of zanaflex in the morning and i experience extreme drowsiness and a high feeling?
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Muscle Spasticity, Stroke Symptom, Anger, and takes Baclofen, Diovan Hct, Lovaza, Zanaflex, ASA, Vitamin B12, Pristiq, Wellbutrin Xl)
I HAD A STROKE 3 YEARS AGO AT THE AGE OF 37 THAT WAS DUE TO MALFORMED MIDDLE CEREBRAL ARTERY. I WAS PUT ON CELEXA WHICH WASNT CONTROLLING MY ANGER SO WAS PUT ON PRISTIQ. AFTER ALMOST A YEAR IT WASNT WORKING AS WELL SO DR ADDED WELLBUTRIN. ALL OTHER MEDS REMAINED SAME BUT HAVE HAD AN ISSUE AFTER TAKI ...
- Is it ok to take tazanadine while taking amantadine?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, and takes Amantadine Hydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
I was diagnosed with ms in dec. 08, I suffer with chronic fatigue and spasms in my chest when laughing. I would like to know if there are any reported drug interactions between the two?
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Extreme Weight Loss, Heartburn, Flucuating Appetite, Ainexty, Phobias, Depression, and takes Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Hydroxyzine, Lansoprazole)
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or ha ...
- Can tizanidine make rls worse being on it for long time. this is a 55 year old female that has to get up from bed and pace even after taking as prescribed. their should be alternate meds to help.
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has She Has Had 2 Open Heart Surgeries For Valve Replacements. Anxiety Meds But Dont Know If That Helps., Diabetic Controlled Well With Meds, and takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
I can't help but feeling the tizanidine is not the answer. I believe she has been given too many meds and I want her to get some restful sleep. At times, she just is so exhausted. I'm concerned since I want her condition (if there is one )to be dealt with. We are about to get married.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Clarithromycin hallucinations and nightmares.
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Mucosal Inflammation, and takes Clarithromycin)
Auditory hallucinations, nightmares and delirium more so at night.
- Clarithromycin and vision
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Sinusitis Bacterial, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection,, and takes Clarithromycin)
Within hour of taking first dose, flashing phenomena commenced in both eyes. Plus ringing in the ears. Continued to worsen over 60 minutes. Then disappeared but onset of severe headache, which has continued. I have in history of migraine. 12 hours later, have sore eyes and neck (similar to with ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Chills while on tizanidine
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Chills, and takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
Extremely sensitive to cold and have chills several times a day
- Off label use of drugs for peripheral neuropathy causing memory loss
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Peripheral Neuropathy, and takes Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Savella, Methadone Hydrochloride, Axiron, Baby Aspirin, Senna, Colace, Oxcarbazepine, Gabapentin)
I have peripheral neuropathy with standard symptoms of burning, tingling, stabbing pain on the tops of my feet. I have had this condition for over 15 years getting worse over time. The last 5 years I have seen a couple of doctors and through trial and error we settled on a combination of Savella and ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Biaxin (clarithromycin) is often used to treat sinusitis. Zanaflex (tizanidine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Biaxin is used in:
- Zanaflex is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Biaxin alternatives:
- Zanaflex alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Vicodin for a patient with Latent Tetany, Neuralgia. The patient has Ear Pain, Constant Thrumming Sound In Ears, Hypersensitivity, Hypersensitivity, Full Body Tetany, Full Body Numbness, Perineal Pain, Penile Pain, Renal Pain
Comments: All of this started after I finished masturbating one night two years ago. Upon climax, I was struck with an instant, excruciating pain in my rectum and scrotum areas. My penis immediately went numb and it felt as though every muscle in my perineum was seized up. I had no control, they would not ...
- A study of drug interactions between Rifampin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Clarithromycin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive. The patient has Headache, Weight Gain - Unintentional
Comments: • chronic fatigue • daily constant headache • continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!) • weight gain • bloating of tummy area and waistline • swollen and tender breasts (at sides) • severe acid reflux • tingling / burning sensation in my fee ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux 20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies Numerous hospitalizations Cholecystectomy, appendectomy Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed) Ro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pennsaid, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Butrans, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Inflammation, Muscle Tightness, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication), Infection. The patient has Pain - Joints, Tendonitis Exacerbated
Comments: Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.