Review: taking Biaxin and Zanaflex together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Biaxin and Zanaflex together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Biaxin and Zanaflex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 86 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Biaxin and Zanaflex >>>
On Apr, 7, 2015: 86 people who take Biaxin, Zanaflex are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Biaxin (clarithromycin)
- Zanaflex (tizanidine hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Drug Screen Positive||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Depression|
|Cardio-respiratory Arrest||Drug Dependence|
|Loss Of Consciousness||Anxiety|
|Femur Fracture||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
|Altered State Of Consciousness||Back Pain|
|Drug Level Increased||Constipation|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Depression|
|Hypotension||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
|Oedema Peripheral||Weight Decreased|
|Nervous System Disorder||Back Pain|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Orthopnoea||n/a||Respiratory Distress||Overdose||Depression||Drug Dependence||Cardiac Failure Congestive||Chest Pain|
|Nervous System Disorder||Rhabdomyolysis||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Insomnia||Depression||Pain||Myocardial Infarction|
|Pancreatitis Acute||Sepsis Nos||Pancreatitis||Obesity||Hypoaesthesia||Pulmonary Hypertension||Back Pain|
|Pneumonia||Tachycardia Nos||Pancreatitis Acute||Sleep Apnoea Syndrome||Drug Ineffective||Retinal Detachment||Disorientation|
|Tremor||Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased||Migraine||Hypertension||Weight Decreased||Oedema Peripheral||Coronary Artery Stenosis|
|Renal Impairment||Oxygen Saturation Decreased||Myocardial Infarction||Anxiety||Diabetic Retinopathy||Mitral Valve Incompetence|
|Hypotension||Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation||Diabetic Ketoacidosis||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Muscle Contractions Involuntary||Blood Triglycerides Increased|
|Hyponatraemia||Hypotension||Anxiety Disorder||Fatigue||Muscle Spasms||Pain|
|Bradycardia||Haemorrhage Nos||Gastroenteritis Viral||Hyponatraemia||Blood Pressure Increased||Fall|
|Cholecystitis Chronic||Hyperpyrexia||Vomiting Nos||Constipation||Drug Specific Antibody Present||Hypertension|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Biaxin and Zanaflex?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Biaxin and Zanaflex
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Vistaril, Methadone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-100, Remeron for a 29-year old woman with Depression, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Paracetamol, Butrans, Levoprome, Seroquel for a 24-year old woman with Pain - Back, Bipolar Mania.
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Zanaflex for a 43-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, Spider Fingers
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin for a 30-year old woman with Tongue Cramps/spasms, Tongue Cramps.
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Biaxin (clarithromycin) is often used to treat sinusitis. Zanaflex (tizanidine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Biaxin is used in:
- Zanaflex is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Biaxin alternatives:
- Zanaflex alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.