Review: Buspar and GABA
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Buspar and GABA. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Buspar and GABA >>>
What are the drugs
Buspar (latest outcomes from 11,040 users) has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Gaba (latest outcomes from 46 users) has active ingredients of gaba (gamma - aminobutyric acid). It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 14, 2014: 1 people who take Buspar, GABA is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride)
- GABA (gaba (gamma - aminobutyric acid))
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Buspar and GABA?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Buspar and GABA
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will busbar make my mentstrual cycle irregular
I am two weeks late on my cycle. I am never late. I already have one child who is almost two. how do I know if it is because of the new med? I have taken a pregnancy test and it is negative.
- Can i ever take an anti-depressant after i have serotonin syndrome
Hi to everyone I suffer from bipolar and clinical depression and generlized anxiety and social anxiety Iwas given zoloft buspar and tranzodone while on the estadiol shot on holloween ended up in the ER where they did tests and said Ihad serotonin syndrome spent 5 days in the hospital where I was eme ...
- Buspar has helped me very much with my severe anxiety. i am still suffering from mild to moderate depression, although i feel much better. is there a recommended antidepressant to take with it?
Anxiety better but still have depression. Buspar helped the anxiety very much, but depression still bad.
- I have been taking buspar, and citalopram for about two years now and have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. is it possible that this condition is secondary to the medications
I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and am concerned that it could be related to long term usage of buspirone and citalopram. The other medications are from a recent change.
- Is there the correlation of hearing loss with use of escitalopram 20 mg
My 18 year old son has just been found to have mild to moderate hearing loss in both ears. Could it be caused by a Rx and will his hearing return if he stops taking the medication???
- Should i still be working with my conditions?
I have low T and am being treated for this among other things. I seem to be tired most of the day. I am obese and am going to have the gastric sleeve surgery. I don't know if that will help the feeling of tiredness each day. Most of the med's I take can make you tired. I am just getting real sick of ...
- Why am i crying all the time?
I'm crying all the time and feeling sad and overwhelmed, even having suicidal thoughts. The crying seems out of proportion to the stress in my life, even though that is significant. We are sole caregivers for my brother,77, a recovering alcoholic with dementia who is also a fall risk and who sometim ...
- Drug interactions of these medication
I am taking all of these medications. My rheumatologist is concerned about the damage to my kidneys. In particular the Cimzia and the lithium.
- Can there be cumulative toxic effects from longterm use of abilify, buspar, and citalopram?
Most recently my adult daughter has begun to hallucinate -- thinks she has things in her hand when she doesn't (like her keys or her cellphone); sees her cat when it isn't there; significantly increased short term memory loss. Her psychiatrist states that she is anxious and this is causing her sympt ...
- Could the steroid megabol t400 or the anxiety medicine buspirone give a false positive blood test for amphetimines and opiates?
My 29 y/o son n law has new onset end stage congestive heart failure with an ejection fraction of 10-15%. He got introduced to megabol T400 steroids about 3 years ago. He also has anxiety for which he has a prescription. He had been short of breath and fatigued for some time, but kept contributin ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Buspar doesn't help anxiety and causes anger
My child has severe anxiety disorder the physchotrist said he has every type of anxity he started taking buspar last year it hasn't helped his anxiety at all but it makes him severly angeryhtalked to his new dr and she said he is no longer going to be taking buspar thank God this medication should n ...
- Buspar and chest painosborn@
Dr.prescribed Buspar for the severe anxiety I was experiencing with my PMDD. I took 1 10mg tablet.i did not have any effect from this drug , so I took another 10mg tab. And the started having sharp chest pains. Has this happened to anyone else?
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Gaba (gaba (gamma - aminobutyric acid)) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Buspar is used in:
- Gaba is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Buspar alternatives:
- Gaba alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil, Pristiq, Buspar for a 36-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Neurontin, Buspar, Xanax, Lyrica for a 39-year old man who has Agoraphobia
- Comparions of Zolpidem Tartrate, Buspirone Hcl for a 65-year old man who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Buspirone Hcl, Ativan for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Zoloft, Buspar for a 28-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Buspar for a 32-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of BUSPAR, Clonazepam for a 20-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of GABA, Celexa for a 57-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of L-tyrosine, 5 HTP, GABA for a 30-year old woman who has Wellbutrin
- Comparions of Chromium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Buspar for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.