Review: Buspar and Gabapentin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Buspar and Gabapentin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,281 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
On Apr, 3, 2014: 1,281 people who reported to have interactions when taking Buspar, Gabapentin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride)
- Gabapentin (gabapentin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Buspar, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||407|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||352|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||315|
|Headache (pain in head)||299|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||246|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Buspar, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||24|
|Headache (pain in head)||18|
|Cholecystitis Chronic (long lasting infection of gallbladder)||14|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Buspirone hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
If the study doesn't answer your question, you can:
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuralgia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Buspar is used in:
- Gabapentin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Buspar alternatives:
- Gabapentin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (13 months ago):
depression, anxiety, adhd, L4-5 black disc with impingement
Don't handle busy, large crowds well at all. Unfamiliar social settings rapidly increase my anxiety level. When arguing with my spouse, or anyone else, I become highly anxious, sometimes to the point of outward fits of rage. When I feel myself going into a fit of rage, many times I cannot control myself. In my rage fits I always completely disregard my own safety regardless of the implied harm to myself others in my vicinity.
The muscle twitching is a pre-existing condition but seems to have increased frequency and intensity since beginning the new medications.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I get shaky in the am after using the drug the night before
Does Gabapentin and Depakote have the same effect or does Gabapentin have a little less effect than Depakote where gabapentin makes you shake rather than not make you loose weight?
- Can high dose of neurontin cause skin rash on face?
Have been Taking 3000 mg Neurontin per day for migraine treatment for aprox 3 months and have recently developed unexplained rash on face.
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Buspar, Loratadine, Dyazide, Prilosec, Enjuvia, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Tramadol for a patient with Pain - Back, Anxiety, Allergies, Fluid Retention, Gerd, Menopause Hot Flashes, Neuropathy, Adhd.
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Buspirone Hcl for a patient with Radicular Pain, Back Pain, Depression, Panic Disorder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Violence-related Symptom, Violent Ideation, Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder)
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Vitamin D, Buspirone Hcl for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis, Vitamin D Deficiency, Deficiency Anaemia.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of , Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Bentyl, Gralise for a 47-year old woman who has Costochondritis
- Comparions of Lexapro, Ativan, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin for a 37-year old woman who has Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper
- Comparions of Atripla, Gabapentin for a 32-year old man who has Nerve Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.