Review: taking Synthroid and Cipro Xr together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Synthroid and Cipro Xr together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Synthroid and Cipro Xr. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,411 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Synthroid and Cipro Xr >>>
On Apr, 10, 2015: 1,411 people who take Synthroid, Cipro Xr are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Cipro Xr (ciprofloxacin; ciprofloxacin hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Renal Failure Acute||Hypothyroidism||Drug Rash With Eosinophilia And Systemic Symptoms||n/a||Suicide Attempt||Hypothyroidism||Anxiety||Pain|
|Thrombocytopenia||Macular Degeneration||Diarrhoea||Loss Of Consciousness||Glaucoma||Insomnia||Anxiety|
|Dyspnoea||Back Pain||Multi-organ Failure||Anxiety||Hypokalaemia||Aggression||Nausea|
|Pain In Extremity||Heart Valve Calcification||Pseudomonas Infection||Intentional Overdose||Leukocytosis||Suicidal Ideation||Injury|
|Alanine Aminotransferase Increased||Syncope||Shock||Depression||Gastrointestinal Disorder||Anger||Anaemia|
|Urinary Tract Infection||Heart Valve Incompetence||Renal Failure Acute||Bipolar Disorder||Dysphagia||Depression||Arthralgia|
|Muscle Spasms||Heart Rate Irregular||Catheter Related Infection||Major Depression||Convulsion||Painful Respiration||Back Pain|
|Anaemia||Loss Of Consciousness||Blood Bilirubin Increased||Amnesia||Coronary Artery Disease||Deep Vein Thrombosis||Fatigue|
|Pruritus||Hypomagnesaemia||Intentional Overdose||Skin Injury||Oedema Peripheral||Sinus Tachycardia||Pain In Extremity|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Pain In Extremity||Arthralgia|
|Arthralgia||Urinary Tract Infection|
|Back Pain||Back Pain|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Hypertonic Bladder||Vasculitis Cerebral||Pain||Abdominal Pain||Anaemia||Anxiety||Nausea|
|Urinary Tract Infection||Neurotoxicity||Injury||Nausea||Pain||Nausea||Anxiety|
|Tethered Cord Syndrome||Herpes Zoster||Anhedonia||Injury||Anxiety||Injury||Vomiting|
|Pneumonitis||Pain In Extremity||Hodgkin's Disease||Arthralgia||Osteoarthritis||Urinary Tract Infection|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||Urinary Tract Infection||Fatigue||Thrombocytopenia||Pain In Extremity||Anaemia|
|Drug Hypersensitivity||Back Pain||Neuroendocrine Carcinoma||Vomiting||Back Pain||Fatigue|
|Ovarian Cyst||Dysphagia||Febrile Neutropenia||Hypoaesthesia||Diarrhoea|
|Swelling Face||Intervertebral Disc Degeneration||Urinary Tract Infection||Insomnia||Dehydration|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Synthroid and Cipro Xr?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Synthroid and Cipro Xr
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 68-year old woman with Adult Hypothyroidism. The patient has Several Hair Loss, Fatigue. Memory Lack Of Concentration, No Appetite.
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Topamax, Lithium Carbonate for a 36-year old man with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Boniva for a 54-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Osteopenia. The patient has Dizzy, Chest Pain
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Synthroid is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Synthroid alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.