From FDA reports: drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide and Seroquel
This is a real world study of Citalopram Hydrobromide and Seroquel drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 3,453 reports from FDA.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
What are the drugs
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is used in depression, stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, dysthymia, depressed mood, major depression.
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is used in bipolar disorder, insomnia, bipolar i disorder, depression, sleep disorder, stress and anxiety.
On May, 22, 2013: 3,453 people who reported to have interactions when taking Citalopram Hydrobromide, Seroquel are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Citalopram Hydrobromide (citalopram hydrobromide)
- Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Seroquel:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|2||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||1,073|
|3||Blood Cholesterol Increased||540|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Seroquel:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|1||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||620|
|3||Blood Cholesterol Increased||299|
|7||Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||81|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Trazodone hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Citalopram Hydrobromide (citalopram hydrobromide) is often used to treat depression. Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Citalopram hydrobromide is used in:
- Seroquel is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Citalopram hydrobromide alternatives:
- Seroquel alternatives:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- What if any are the interaction side effects of celexa, amytriptyline, and dilantin?
(for a 33 year old man who has Sleeplessness, Depression, Seizures, and takes Celexa, Dilantin-30, Elavil)
I am being treated by a LPN due to financial hardship, and I have heard that the office is notorious for giving drugs that have caused negative effects in patients. The Dilantin is for my seizures, the celexa is for my depression and the Elavil is for my sleeplessness. I just want to know of any n ...
- I was asymptomatic when they started me on levothyroxine. my tsh was 4.01. after taking for a month tsh was 2.50. i have been on it for 2 yr and have hair loss. does it cause thyroid to atrophy?
(for a 56 year old woman who has High Density Lipoprotein, Moderate Depression, Hypoactive Thyroid, and takes Lovastatin, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I also take fish oil supplement, one multivitamin and vitamin D. I'd like to get my own thyroid working again without taking the medication. I also feel the practitioner who started me on it didn't know enough before doing so and I should have waited before taking this. I now have very dry hair, ski ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Celexa, Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar 1, Depression, Rumination Disorder. The patient has Muscle Aches, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine, Percocet, Ambien, Celexa, Seroquel, Estradiol, Xanax for a patient with Chronic Pain, Chronic Insomnia, Depression, Mania, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Panic Attacks. The patient has Sulindac, Lyrica
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Topiramate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Cesamet, Quetiapine Fumarate for a patient with Depression - Chronic, Mood Stabilizer, Sleep Disorder Therapy, Anxiety Disorder, Appetitie, Anti-psychotic. The patient has Quetiapine Fumarate
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Seroquel for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Sleep Disorder Therapy, Panic Attacks. The patient has Seroma
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Celexa, Lamictal, Seroquel for a patient with Autism, Epilepsy, Chronic Insomnia. The patient has Dystonia (Movement - uncontrolled or slow), Club Foot Developed At Age 12, Cerebral Palsy, Muscle Spasticity, Long-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Acanthosis Nigricans
- A study of drug interactions between Letairis, Vicodin, Xanax, Seroquel, Geodon, Lithium Carbonate, Celexa, Effexor for a patient with Pulmonary Hypertension. The patient has Syncope (Fainting)
- A study of drug interactions between Geodon, Seroquel, Lithium Carbonate, Effexor, Vicodin, Celexa, Letairis, Xanax for a patient with Pulmonary Hypertension. The patient has Syncope (Fainting)
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Xanax, Vistaril, Celexa, Alprazolam for a patient with Anxiety, Stress, Affective Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia. The patient has Fatigue, Somnolence (Drowsiness), Feeling Abnormal, Drug Ineffective
- A study of drug interactions between Proscar, Vitamin B Complex Cap, Ambien, Celexa, Seroquel, Lovaza, Vitamin D, Namenda, Glycolax, Valium, Sinemet, Clozapine, Roxanol for a patient with Agitation, Psychotic Disorder. The patient has Neoplasm Malignant
- A study of drug interactions between Ambrisentan, Lithium Carbonate, Xanax, Geodon, Celexa, Effexor, Seroquel, Vicodin for a patient with Pulmonary Hypertension. The patient has Syncope (Fainting)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Singulair for a 8-year old girl who has Allergic Rhinitis (2 minutes ago)
- Yasmin, Sertraline, Accutane for a 28-year old woman who has Birth Control, Depression Postpartum (excl Psychosis), Acne Cystic (30 minutes ago)
- Strattera for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder (31 minutes ago)
- Biotin for a 30-year old woman who has Eczema (1 hour ago)
- Atenolol for a 32-year old man who has Tachycardia (2 hours ago)
- Xyzal, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Cozaar for a 57-year old woman who has Allergies, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension (2 hours ago)
- Claravis for a 15-year old boy who has Acne Cystic (3 hours ago)
- Cymbalta for a 75-year old woman who has Neuropathy Peripheral (3 hours ago)
- Neurontin for a 42-year old woman who has Bipolar Affective Disorder Aggravated (3 hours ago)
- Prometrium for a 54-year old woman who has Estradiol - Test (3 hours ago)