Review: Claritin and Coumadin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Claritin and Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,450 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Claritin (latest outcomes from 24,123 users) has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies.
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,018 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 1,450 people who reported to have interactions when taking Claritin, Coumadin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Claritin (loratadine)
- Coumadin (warfarin sodium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Claritin, Coumadin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||642|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||494|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||284|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||246|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||246|
|Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw)||208|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Claritin, Coumadin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|International Normalised Ratio Increased||8|
|Occult Blood Positive||6|
|Gingival Bleeding (bleeding gums)||6|
|Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability)||4|
|Headache (pain in head)||3|
|Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma
- Atrial fibrillation
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Claritin (loratadine) is often used to treat allergies. Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used to treat blood clots. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Claritin is used in:
- Coumadin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Claritin alternatives:
- Coumadin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (3 years ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
large hiatal hernia,Gerd/reflux,Lymphedema,Barrett's Esophagus
Claritin Reditabs seem to not be adding to my mix for dealing with spring time allergies, stuffy nose, itchy throat, watery, red itchy eyes, itchy, stuffed feeling in ear on the same side of throat that is itchy. I feel a bit of a high blood pressure headache when adding Claritin Reditabs to my overall mix. I am not sure if that is the cause or the overall head stuffiness that remains.
Feeling very sleepy, pain in chest when I breath in deeply and nausea and abdominal weakness
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By brodie: Can i use coumadin and white tea
I take Coumadin for blood clot in lung. I drink 2 cups of white tea a day. Is this okay?
- By DLHELLE: Should i stop taking warfarin 11 years after mesenteric clot
I Hate taking drugs period. I had a Mesenteric Clot 11 years ago, and have been on Warfarin ever since. I take 9mg, a day to keep my INR between 2.0-3.0. They found Factor V Hetro, and Protein C Resistance also. I had many surgeries prior, like C-Sections, Gall Bladder, Shoulder etc, with absolut ...
- By Mark gilley: What should i do my friend doing meth and he has to be on warfarin for life and he hasn't been going to check blood levels and he been doing anal sex what can i do
He had a arotic valve replacement and he has to be on cardiac diet and Warfarin for life and he back doing street drug meth and has stop going to clinic to have his levels read
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By MadMax: Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- By Jess: Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- By jolene: Bloating and belching
My symptons started with bad breath and progressed over several months to excessive bloating and belching. I had a-fib for a long time and have a defib and pacemaker.A test indicated very slow metabolism. No one gave me a answer to my problem. I mentioned it to my GP and he suggested probiotics so I ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, Gabapentin, Norethindrone, Warfarin Sodium, Simvastatin, Montelukast Sodium, Loratadine, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Pindolol, Furosemide, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM for a patient with Hernia - Abdominal, Iron Supplements And Disease, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Abdominal Discomfort, Menstruation Irregular, Blood Thinner, Cholesterol Test, Allergic Sinusitis, High Blood Pressure, Fluid Retention, Arthritis. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Warfarin Sodium, Lisinopril, Duoneb, Mucinex, Claritin Reditabs, Ocuclear for a patient with Blood Clots, High Blood Pressure, Breathing Difficulty, Sinusitis Allergies, Itchy Red Eyes Allergies, Stuffy Allergy Nose.
- A study of drug interactions between Verapamil Hcl, Tramadol, Simvastatin, Warfarin Sodium, Hydroflumethiazide, Loratadine for a patient with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Neck Injury, Congenital Heart Disease, Aortic Valve Replacement, Hypertension, Hay Fever.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.